What's new

Got a $500 bag from the bank.

corey237

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I was on a road trip earlier in the week and stopped at a small town bank. I asked if they had any rolls of halves. Teller says no but we have bags. I ask how many in the bag and she says $500 and we have 3 of them. I asked her where they came from and she said off the machine and from other branches. Well I only had about $750 so I only took one. I was super excited to start going through them. I set them all on the table in stacks of 10 to make sure that there was exactly $500. While doing that I found 2 Wonder wash tokens an alot of lint which I thought was a good sign. The bag was a skunk with about 12 2002 and up NIFCs.

The Car wash tokens and lint makes me think that going back for the other two bags might be worth it.

The 12 NIFCs and the fact that they had 3 bags in an area that 5 rolls would be a big deal makes me think it is a dump bank for someone else. Plus the teller had kind of a smirk on her face when she handed them over.

Wondering what everyone else's thoughts would be on this?
 
Upvote 0
If you got a $500 bag from a machine with zero silver keepers, then chances are a CRHer is dumping there. Still might be worth checking out the other machine bags. You never know when grandpa's coin collection was dumped in.

You have a good chance of getting skunk boxes anyway, so the bags might be a better bet, or at worse equal to the boxes.

Jim
 
i am thinking you can now road trip and get your car washed?
 
Your perception of the teller's "smirk" should give you a "message" since the bag you got was a skunk. I think you are correct that it's someone elses "dump" bank because they had "Three" full bags and she was happy to offer them to you. Just my opinion. Hang in there....your score will come. It's out there....REALLY! Keep hunting!
rileyboy
 
Since I have a curious nature, I would almost certainly go back and get at least one more of the bags just to see if the results were the same. If you don't, you will never know if you passed up silver or not. Good luck with whatever decision you make. HH

FL Junkman
 
You know I have gotten a bunch of halves before and gotten part of the way into them thinking "great, someone else's dump", but then I got silvers from the batch even 90%ers. You just never know....

I'd get those bags. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Good luck :icon_thumleft:
 
a few weeks ago I did just that 200 in rolls and at 150i am thinking someone's dump, but third to the last roll I got 3 40%.
 
On my way back through on Monday I will see if they still have the other two. Thanks for the input.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom