What's new

Got a awesome gift today

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First let me start by saying I got the best wife in the world and I truly mean that. Her wedding ring was my mothers, Janet S. Robinson, who died 1 year 9 months ago due to cancer. We moved my Mother in when we found out and the cancer spread in a year even after a surgery. During that year they became real close. I was watching my girlfriend take care of my mother like only another female could do and for that I was very grateful. I'm a mama's boy through and through. My mother wanted her to have that ring when we got married, which was going to be in 8 more months. We got a call one morning and the hospice told us her time was running out. To do whatever we had to do or say. That night we got married in the hospice chapel and my mother saw us get married. She died two days later. Her ring was getting beat up at work and lost a diamond..so she ordered us these 2 beautiful rings that come from one 1887 Silver Morgan ring to replace our Wedding Rings. Don't worry mine was bought from Sears on the way to the hospice. My unselfish wife gave up all the wedding plans so my mother would be there to see it. I'm am TRULY blessed. IMG_1872.webpIMG_1873.webpIMG_1874.webpIMG_1876.webpIMG_1885.webpIMG_1884.webp


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Brought tears to my eyes! What a wonderful story. I wish you both all the best.
Rusty
 
You lost a wonderful woman in your life, my condolences, but it sounds like you found another in your wife, that is your true and most valuable treasure that you will ever find.Those are beautiful rings and a fantastic heirloom having your Mother pass on her ring to your wife.
 
I don't post nearly as often I as I would like. Let me just say this is a wonderful story. Sorry for your loss and congrats on a wonderful wife.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Great post guy.... You are blessed!
 
Bless you Truth, I had a feeling you were a good guy, I can see where you got it from. Good Luck to you and your wife in ya'ss future.
 
A beautiful story, your wife is a special person.
May God Bless you Mother.
 
Awesome story of love and commitment. You and your wife are a rare find and good people in my book.
 
I appreciate all the heartwarming comments and yes I'm truly blessed. But I was not always this blessed I had to go through a lot of humility which led to becoming humble due to my shortcomings. I was a man who appeared have everything but I had nothing. I was the "look at me guy" with the look at me car and the look at me suit and then I lost everything ( fast life ). I decided my goal was just to be a good man. Starting with getting sober and shedding away my "old life" and all the chaos that comes with it, I was rewarded. Now it took 8 years rewards don't come over night like we want. Remember God mean Moses walk through the desert for 40 years until he got his reward so I was lucky. Lol So always have faith and live a good life and good things will come to you. I got a second chance to become a good man, a good husband, A paid off truck and it totally obsessive addicted detectorist. Life is good. IMG_1890.webp

P.S. After almost 2 years of marriage I now look like this. Lol That's that good living and that Louisiana country girl cooking.
IMG_1897.webp
KEEP SWINGING!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Darn onions -

Sending you hugs -

:angel2:
 
Congratulations on the love of your life and the turn you took to get where you are. Condolences on your Mother but you know she would be proud of you. As long as we are moving forward and learn from what has come before then you must be doing something right. And beautiful rings, unique too.
 
Congratulations on the love of your life and the turn you took to get where you are. Condolences on your Mother but you know she would be proud of you. As long as we are moving forward and learn from what has come before then you must be doing something right. And beautiful rings, unique too.

Thank you ds means a lot to me. It's never too late to change.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
First let me start by saying I got the best wife in the world and I truly mean that. Her wedding ring was my mothers, Janet S. Robinson, who died 1 year 9 months ago due to cancer. We moved my Mother in when we found out and the cancer spread in a year even after a surgery. During that year they became real close. I was watching my girlfriend take care of my mother like only another female could do and for that I was very grateful. I'm a mama's boy through and through. My mother wanted her to have that ring when we got married, which was going to be in 8 more months. We got a call one morning and the hospice told us her time was running out. To do whatever we had to do or say. That night we got married in the hospice chapel and my mother saw us get married. She died two days later. Her ring was getting beat up at work and lost a diamond..so she ordered us these 2 beautiful rings that come from one 1887 Silver Morgan ring to replace our Wedding Rings. Don't worry mine was bought from Sears on the way to the hospice. My unselfish wife gave up all the wedding plans so my mother would be there to see it. I'm am TRULY blessed. View attachment 1419003View attachment 1419004View attachment 1419005View attachment 1419006View attachment 1419009View attachment 1419010


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was deeply touched by your story. You truly do have a wonderful wife. My condolences go out to you and your wife because of the passing of your mother. However, you can take comfort knowing that being able to see your wedding meant a lot to your mother and she died happy knowing that you are.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom