What's new

Got a bit of silver this week

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While making my weekly cent run, the bank teller was pulling a bag of quarters off the machine. She also mentioned they had taken off a bag of dimes earlier that morning. I decided to buy them both and see what I could find.

Managed 7 silver roosies and 1 silver washington. Dates were 1961d (2); 1964d (3) 1963d (1); 1960d (1). The quarter was a 1964D.

I don't normally hunt these denominations but was pleasantly surprised by the results.
 

Attachments

  • jansilver.webp
    jansilver.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
seger98 said:
Maybe you should hunt these more often then?? :)

I'll be doing that in about a month. My bank is opening a new branch about 2 miles from my house. It will have one of those new coin counters with a bin that the armored car company just replaces when it fills up. They will become my dump bank and since I'll be able to turn the stuff around quick I'll expand from cents to cents, dimes and quarters. Fortunately the 2 branches I get bags from still have and will have for the foreseeable future the older style coin counters.

PS. I also always get the half dollar bags when they fill up:)
 
Very nice finds on those silver FDRs. Quarters are especially tough, so special kudos on that one !
 
Good haul! Nice to mix it up from time to time.

RT
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom