txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered some rocks for the kids to bust open, I figured this would be a great way to introduce them to rock hunting. The box was 20lbs and they are KY non rattler geodes. What does non rattler mean?

Anyhow the box comes in my husband sees it and asks what I ordered now that was so heavy, ofcourse I replied a "box of rocks". Not thinking that it was strange at all or the that it was a saying people used. I went about doing stuff and I guess my husband went around puzzled still at what was in the box. He finally returned to me and was hovering. He finally asked are you going to open the box? I said fine, and proceeded to open it and pull out a rock. He looked shooked his head and asked what the blank blank is that. I said its a rock, still he looked at me like I was dumb and started looking at other rocks that was in the box. I said..see I told you it was a box of rocks. He then wanted to know if I had lost it and why on Gods green earth would I buy a box of rocks. I told him, well because these came from KY. Needless to say that didn't help him one bit, and finally he gave up and went to watch TV. ;D

Attachments

• c9ce_1.jpg
    c9ce_1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 659
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trish on the above one I didn't make the pendant or earrings, I just designed everything around them. Most of the time I make the earrings, but the pendant in this case already came with earrings. Yes I do sell them and I only make one of each so its an orginal.

Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Hey Tx, I found a beautiful piece of amethyst geode at a flea market in my area, nice size crystals and all...a few of the crystals broke off and I put them in my pocket, went into a store and had to pull out some change and the girl asked me what they were...I told her,"just a few rocks that fell out of my head, I'll replace them when I get home..." the look was priceless...lol
Hope you have fun with your rocks and the new collections...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldgoat said:
Hey Tx, I found a beautiful piece of amethyst geode at a flea market in my area, nice size crystals and all...a few of the crystals broke off and I put them in my pocket, went into a store and had to pull out some change and the girl asked me what they were...I told her,"just a few rocks that fell out of my head, I'll replace them when I get home..." the look was priceless...lol
Hope you have fun with your rocks and the new collections...

that is funny my mom use to ask my brothers if they had rocks for brains.
I hadn't thought of flea markets for rocks. Got keep my eyes peeled now.

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

We'll have to talk about the jewlry! I like the Gawdy Bling Bling stuff, you got some of that? Pm me and let me know the price range will ya.

Heres ya something you'll love and anybody else who wants it, it will have to download but there are some georgous pictures of minerals and alot of info on it. Thought i'd share. If you wanna see minerals, they sure are pretty.

Go here:

http://www.carlesmillan.cat/min/

Click on the "Free Software for Mineral Collections"

Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Sitting here looking at a bunch of my rocks right now, mostly arrowheads...but flea markets are great places to find pieces that we don't normally find just walking around and looking at the ground...I have a job that takes me around some old fossil beds tho, found dino bones and teeth...

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

oldgoat said:
Sitting here looking at a bunch of my rocks right now, mostly arrowheads...but flea markets are great places to find pieces that we don't normally find just walking around and looking at the ground...I have a job that takes me around some old fossil beds tho, found dino bones and teeth...

thats cool oldgoat...sounds like an interesting job you have.
My little brother runs a backhoe, lol...he can never get any work done for looking at the dirt he digs up. lol....he's found some pretty petrified logs (literally..LOGS)

Upvote 0

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Trish I hope he knows about agate inside the Petrified wood BIg Bucks (1,000's) if its Quartz looking, It can be found around here.

Hillarious story Txkicker girl.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sherman I am waiting for a weekend when hubby goes out of town so he doesn't give me a hard time. lol

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

TEXAN Connection said:
Trish I hope he knows about agate inside the Petrified wood BIg Bucks (1,000's) if its Quartz looking, It can be found around here.

Hillarious story Txkicker girl.

NO! He doenst know about agates inside petrified wood, neither do i! Tell me more please! He gave me one of the big pieces of petrified logs that he had, its about 2 foot long, (he has one thats 5 feet long) and where a limb used to be, its brown&white quarts looking stuff, i'll have to take a picture of it and show it to you, really pretty!

Attachments

• petrifiedlog.JPG
    petrifiedlog.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 332
  • petrifiedlog2.JPG
    petrifiedlog2.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Thats cool. Iv only recently found out of the stuff, I know of a gal that has alog in her yard Loaded with Quartz looking agate (real white), Its 2x 8 been shesofferd 25,000, It is in caldwell Texas.
Ive seen lots of Darker pieces and a few with small viens of quratz like agate in them but nothing like this Gal has. Some of the pieces as big as your head Iv heard are worth thousands, the whiter or clearer the better.

There are pieces found in arizona that are still show bark, and are clear looking "Branches" that bring 100's of thousands, Very rare.

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

TEXAN Connection said:
Thats cool. Iv only recently found out of the stuff, I know of a gal that has alog in her yard Loaded with Quartz looking agate (real white), Its 2x 8 been shesofferd 25,000, It is in caldwell Texas.
Ive seen lots of Darker pieces and a few with small viens of quratz like agate in them but nothing like this Gal has. Some of the pieces as big as your head Iv heard are worth thousands, the whiter or clearer the better.

There are pieces found in arizona that are still show bark, and are clear looking "Branches" that bring 100's of thousands, Very rare.

wow TC..i've read where you've talked about her before, hmmm im gonna have to do some studying on petrified wood. If you come across anything on the web about them let me know.

Upvote 0

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
You can find lots of (small) nice pieces on line, but Nothing like the almost clear limbs or "twigs" Iv seen on line I'll have to spend some time and look some more to find them.
This gal had a Big rock pile in the Back yard, but at the time I was thinking "yea right" so I dident go look. Ive learned better now.
I did get up close and personal to the log in the front yard and later found out she wasent joshin me. It was real white, but not Clear.
I know where some Big logs are but they dont have the white color in them.

About 2-3 months ago I heard on Paul Harvey about some miners in the east that found a petrified forest cavern under ground complete with whole trees and root systems, i havent found any info on it other than that. I'd love to hear more about that.

Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Haven't seen wood like that in Tx. but in Oregon I have seen pieces that are agatized that are worth $500 a slice...

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

oldgoat said:
Haven't seen wood like that in Tx. but in Oregon I have seen pieces that are agatized that are worth $500 a slice...

good Lord!...i better get to slice'n!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread