Got a bunch of 1970 Halves

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Details!

Who did you buy them from? Dealer?

Man... I want one of those 70-Ds so bad. Other than proofs I've nailed every half from 64-08 but that darn thing. One of these days I'm going to find one in a box... I swear...

~Dave

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Oh man, I am out of it. I was having my daily dose of the CRH Forum, and I see this post, and say to myself "Hey, someone else scored a lot of 70s also!"...that is almost as bad as the time that LJ bought back her own dumps.

Anyway, I got 10 Ds and 10Ss. They were part of a batch that I bought for about $50. The guy said they were all proofs, so I figured they were all 70S' but when I got them, I saw that there were 10 Ds mixed in. Most of the proofs are near perfect, and the Ds are in excellent shape. One of each will go in the little guy's half dollar folder, although I will add a note explaining that I actually paid for these coins (the rest of the spaces have been filled thanks to CRHing of course!!). I will probably just throw the rest on the pile, or maybe try to sell them off. They seem to get $10-$15 each on eBay, so I may try that.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
LMAO devil... didn't realize it was your own post! =)

I love it.

Nice work on the purchase, def. sounds like it was worth it!

I might be interested in trading you for a 70d... any interest?

~Dave

OP
OP
S

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Sorry BBCardsRI, but I want to hold on to these for now. I woul dhappily part with the 70s', but the 70Ds are just too cool!

They do got on eBay for about $15 is that is any consolation...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread