What's new

Got A Couple

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Cheese. Hope you are well sir.

I found these (3) marbles while metal detecting today. I suspect that the blue one is just a modern cats eye.

C33F3F0E-AB8B-4D08-A683-A559604A5DEF.webp

These are the good ones, I believe. Any assistance with an ID and date range is most appreciated. Since the one marble has a patch of red, I guessed it was a patch.

96DBB068-F869-4608-BF01-4BE53EF56985.webp9F789A99-9F64-4BD9-B11C-50E554B265EF.webp

I have convinced myself that this is adenturine. Any truth to that?

D41F2243-D96E-4E25-AB7B-B887D7BFCB17.webp375655EC-60C0-4FA0-8A5A-8213295EC311.webp

Thanks and good luck to you.
 
Hi there Tom! Good to see you are still finding them!
You have a knack for finding those Vitro COnquerors. The red patch (you are correct, it is a patch style marble) is one.

The blue one is a Cateye, looks like from Marble King best I can tell... 1960s to maybe 80s or so?
The swirl is an Alley from the St. Mary's factory, late 40s. They closed down in 1949 but their stockpile of millions or maybe billions of marbles were still sold for maybe the next 2 or 3 decades.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom