What's new

Got a Keeper Today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been about 3 weeks since I have found a whole point. Whew, I broke the dry spell and its blue flint.
The rest were broken. HH, rock
Eared Yadkin?
 

Attachments

  • SDC11075.webp
    SDC11075.webp
    402.6 KB · Views: 159
  • SDC11078.webp
    SDC11078.webp
    695 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just for curiosity sake I started noticing the material looks a lot like Tennessee's blue material so I checked out some Tennessee points... it looks like it could be a Brewerton eared triangle since your so far up in the state.
..... Or not.....

I will check........I believe you nailed that one. I guess it was just a fluke on the pottery being near it. Its amazing how many different periods used the same sections of land. This point dates 6000-4000 B.P.
 
Last edited:
That is a nice point Rock. Is it rhyolite? It kinda looks like this material.

image-703073177.webp
 
No mine is flint
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom