Got A Little Horseshoe Luck Today Back In The Woods

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
horse2.jpg

Got up early today, and decided to stay dry on land. I picked up my buddy and we headed off to the woods. I got a nice variety of finds, both new and old.

widows2-1.jpg

My best find was this aluminum tin (empty) "3 MERRY WIDOWS" They were condoms....They cost 50 cents which was a lot in the 20th century when they were made, but they were made to be reused. The names of the widows are on the lid. AGNES, MABEL, and BECKIE. And they go on Ebay for as high as $50.00.

prefume2.jpg

I also got this make-up kit. It won't open, as it was buried under a main trail, about 4" under a fat tree root and was kinda flattened.

talc2.jpg

Sometimes, some of the most interesting finds stay where you find them, as this was the case. The tin had but all rotted out, and really, all that remained was that label. It was dated to around the early 30's, and there is a similar Rawleigh tin photo to show how nice and colorful they were back then.

I was hopping to get a silver coin or two today, but no such luck. I did manage a 1918 US wheat cent, which is a nice old find in my neck of the woods. :)

Attachments

• wheats (2).jpg
    wheats (2).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 145

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Nail up the horseshoe over your main home door...in Italy they says this brings allot of good luck to come. ;D ;D... Never loose it...would means the exact opposite :(

The condoms box it's a bijoux...very nice, congrats!!

You have a P.M.

M.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread