got a new XP Deus,,,i love this thing!

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a great detector! i just got it in the mail Thursday and ive been playing with it every bit of day light and free time i had,,im actually quite impressed with the quality of the machine very well thought out,,even the headphones impressed the hell outta me how nice they were made i got the WS5 headphones,even gave me a nice leather belt case for my control unit,,the control unit itself looks like a high end cell phone and made very solid,im still learning how to read and interpret the numbers and sounds to what i actually dig up but its coming along nicely,,i tried basic 1 setting and got a couple pull tabs and junk switched over to basic 2 and it virtually eliminated 90% of the trash i was pulling before so im sticking with this mode for my initial learning curve..

what a difference swinging this thing from my old 6 pound bounty hunter i had absolutely no fatigue after playing with it for 6 hours..
i also found a quarter that must of been at least 10 inches deep,so im really impressed so far with this thing..

i also bought a Garrett pro pointer WOW how did i ever get by without this thing,worth every penny and a Garrett edge digging tool..feel like i moved up to the big leagues..
Thanks to Ed from Treasure Mountains for hooking me up with a great deal!,,im happy with everything so far...

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember that if you're not digging pull tabs you won't dig gold as they often ring in as the same numbers. Better to build yourself a nice test garden with stuff buried and learn how to recognize the differences between them and the techniques you can use to help with that process.

It's addictive...no question about that.

what a great detector! i just got it in the mail Thursday and ive been playing with it every bit of day light and free time i had,,im actually quite impressed with the quality of the machine very well thought out,,even the headphones impressed the hell outta me how nice they were made i got the WS5 headphones,even gave me a nice leather belt case for my control unit,,the control unit itself looks like a high end cell phone and made very solid,im still learning how to read and interpret the numbers and sounds to what i actually dig up but its coming along nicely,,i tried basic 1 setting and got a couple pull tabs and junk switched over to basic 2 and it virtually eliminated 90% of the trash i was pulling before so im sticking with this mode for my initial learning curve..

what a difference swinging this thing from my old 6 pound bounty hunter i had absolutely no fatigue after playing with it for 6 hours..
i also found a quarter that must of been at least 10 inches deep,so im really impressed so far with this thing..

i also bought a Garrett pro pointer WOW how did i ever get by without this thing,worth every penny and a Garrett edge digging tool..feel like i moved up to the big leagues..
Thanks to Ed from Treasure Mountains for hooking me up with a great deal!,,im happy with everything so far...

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome onboard the Deus ride. When you're ready to move up to more advance settings, just drop Ed an email. He's been a great help since day 1 of my Deus journey.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basic 2 is a great program to start with to get used to the Deus. Also try Deus Fast if your in one of those super trashy areas( I hunt a lot of historic home sites that are unbelievably iron infested) and an easy tweak for Deus Fast is disc on 10, iron vol. 2, sens 85 and frequency on 12khz. XP did an excellent job designing those factory programs and you will definitely get great results with them even if you decide to not make any tweaks at all. In my opinion.... I have tried others custom programs and designed some of my own and the ones that I get the best results from are very similar to the factory programs with just minor tweaks made to them like I stated above.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ShOwStOpp3r

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i noticed nearly all of my pulls came in at numbers 83 or higher but you gotta pay attention to the tone because a couple times i got a nice tone but no numbers showed up on the screen and sure enough they were coins but super deep,,im hoping gold will fall into a specific range of numbers like the coins were,,im definitely going to have to bury some gold rings and chains in my back yard and find its range and tones so i aint leaving this stuff behind thinking its aluminum scrap from beer cans..
as for the Deus fast it was like basic 2 after 3 cans of a king sized energy drink,super zippy reading the ground but yea i wrote down those tweaked settings and i'll try them next time i head out..
thanks for the advice guys!

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Show I'm glad you found one bro, they are awesome machines be looking for my 11" coil feedback!!

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will notice that the same target penny or what ever will show different reading on your VDI when you change frequencies , which is showing the true analyses of the target re the frequency your using ,, all clever stuff ...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get to caught up on #'s. Audio Audio Audio!

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im hoping gold will fall into a specific range of numbers like the coins were

I have a 0.34 gram gold nugget that reads between 31 and 33 on my Deus.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If any one wants my 007 program give me a call, it works great with the 9" and 11" coil

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Change the frequency and some settings and it will be different #'s. That is why I say AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO! ;)

If you don't want your numbers to change go into config and change your I'd to on and it will not change the numbers from frequency adjustments! However I like running the same program like 007-1 , 007-2. In the 13 and 14 slot but applying different frequencies to the 2 and then you can check your targets against one another with the push of a button!

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also I don't care how good the target sounds on the DEUS do a 360 degree sweep of the whole and if you get a broken signal in there anywhere 99.5 % of the time it's bad, don't believe me--- dig it up and find out and that way your not second guessing yourself on this awesome machine!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What happens when you have a real close target or targets? Or coin on edge? #'s are not correct in many situations. If your digging by #'s and not by audio you WILL miss good targets. In a perfect world yes #'s on the XP lock on hard but in todays world and most places we hunt are not perfect world conditions unfortunately. All the easy targets have been recovered by lower end machines.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What happens when you have a real close target or targets? Or coin on edge? #'s are not correct in many situations. If your digging by #'s and not by audio you WILL miss good targets. In a perfect world yes #'s on the XP lock on hard but in todays world and most places we hunt are not perfect world conditions unfortunately. All the easy targets have been recovered by lower end machines.

I have never said go by only numbers on the DEUS the DEUS is definitely an audio machine but the numbers do help (more info) all I'm saying is after you've decided on a good signal from the audio and your checking your TID if you don't want your TID to jump around on frequency shifts there's a setting for that!! But I agree 150% the DEUS is an audio monster

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions