What's new

Got an SLQ today and an awesome find on my own property

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lillian, Alabama, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some time to kill today and went back to the old torn down house and found a no date standing liberty quarter. Dang it, but I was happy just to find it. It was about 6 inches deep and it made the Ace 250 ring like a bell. I also got 5 wheats-1940PL, 45PL, 52D, 17PL and a 58D. 6 memorial cents, 2 clad quarters and 6 clad dimes. I went out into the woods behind my 1922 house to look for the property line markers. I have been planning on doing this since last sept, LOL!!!....I did wait till 2 days after I killed my third copperhead in the yard this year. Yeah I did wait a little too long to go tramping around in the woods with shorts on, lol...Well, here's the great find I had today... I found an old dump in the woods on my property. I didn't find any ancient bottles but I carried out all I could fit in my pockets and carry with my camera too. I'll post the coins first and add the bottles next. I may wait till next winter to dig the dump out because we are usually covered up in copperheads. Have a good one y'all
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2747.webp
    IMG_2747.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_2748.webp
    IMG_2748.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_2749.webp
    IMG_2749.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_2750.webp
    IMG_2750.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_2752.webp
    IMG_2752.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0
halfdime said:
Two of my favorites! An SLQ and blue bottles.

You took my reply! :D ditto!

I know bout them snakes too! More snakes than people around here. :P

Great finds and pictures! Nana :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom