Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife loves her swimmin' pool and deck. So I try and keep it up and running at all times. I built this deck, pool house and items on it in 95'. So... I got out and took cover off yesterday and start to get it ready for the Summer swim season. Everything is going along great. I have a salt system for the pool and absolutely love it because it makes everything so much easier. I topped off pool yesterday.... put 150lbs. of salt in this morning and went under deck to open up the valves for water flow to pump and back. While I was under deck opening up valves with my 32 year old son I suddenly saw the ENTIRE metal wall split wide open for 3 feet and the liner straining. I yelled for him to crawl out NOW and I did likewise.... I now have sump pumps and hoses drawing down the water. Wife is NOT going to be happy.... Can you imagine being in front of 15,500 gallons of water hitting you in the face at point blank range!!!!!! I got very lucky.

Excepting donations since 12:30 pm. 5-7-14.

Attachments

• 0617101716.jpg
    0617101716.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 0725101218.jpg
    0725101218.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 174

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limitool that is not the way to create your own water flume ride!
You either live dangerously or not at all! What is it with you and underground areas filled with water!
The whole idea is to live to detect another day!

Guess winter took it's toll on the metal part of the pool!
I'll donate all my clad to the "Limitool Pool Fund" (so your sleeping out side till it gets fixed?)

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lucky ain't the word that one buddy! Gl!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. Going to cost a lot of gold rings to put that back together. It looks absolutely beautiful, hope you can get it fixed soon.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch out,its going to be used as an excuse to get a built in,wait and see:laughing7:

Bite your tongue Red.... HARD. Not gonna happen!!!! As if having a pool rupture in your face isn't bad enough here's what made it even more dangerous and for us and extremely lucky. When I decided to put the pool in it was going in just outside off our slider door in the living room (about 15 ft. away). But the ground was going uphill from there and I thought the deck would be to high coming out of the sliders. So "Mr. engineer" here decided to put an above ground pool "underground". So I had a hole dug about 3' larger than the pool all around. Then I put in a retainer cinder block wall and back filled it with 2" rocks all around. Then sat the pool in the hole and built the deck up and slightly over the pool. That's as close to a built in as she's going to get.

I used a computerized salt system to make upkeep easier... and it worked GREAT!!!! But on the return side of pool a small drip of water was dripping down the outside of the metal and salt and metal do not mix well over time. So when the metal gave way and the liner hemorrhaged outward (and if it ruptured) we would have been in a hole to boot right in front of the rush.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Limitool that is not the way to create your own water flume ride!
You either live dangerously or not at all! What is it with you and underground areas filled with water!
The whole idea is to live to detect another day!

Guess winter took it's toll on the metal part of the pool!
I'll donate all my clad to the "Limitool Pool Fund" (so your sleeping out side till it gets fixed?)

You know I hadn't really thought about it... but your right. Water and I do seem to "go together". It's not planned but it does seem to be a theme of mine. Keep your clad... I'm going to need some paper money... ALOT of it also. This is going to be one hell of a job to repair.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok Ok I'll change my mind on the funny video then! lol

Well if suddenly "Limitool" just stops posting you all can just wonder what stupid thing he did NOW! Yea, and it would have made a hell of a video if someone captured it... but it's always funnier if it's the "other" guy.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bite your tongue Red.... HARD. Not gonna happen!!!! As if having a pool rupture in your face isn't bad enough here's what made it even more dangerous and for us and extremely lucky. When I decided to put the pool in it was going in just outside off our slider door in the living room (about 15 ft. away). But the ground was going uphill from there and I thought the deck would be to high coming out of the sliders. So "Mr. engineer" here decided to put an above ground pool "underground". So I had a hole dug about 3' larger than the pool all around. Then I put in a retainer cinder block wall and back filled it with 2" rocks all around. Then sat the pool in the hole and built the deck up and slightly over the pool. That's as close to a built in as she's going to get.

Geez buddy! This description sounds just like the septic system we put in for use at the cabin up in Colorado! LMBO!!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez buddy! This description sounds just like the septic system we put in for use at the cabin up in Colorado! LMBO!!

It may sound like it... but I assure ya this ain't no septic system. New pool wall going in soon but tearing this deck top up is gonna rip my heart out not to mention all the underpinning. I'm so glad I used stainless steel screws!!!!!! Where's all my T-net buddies... hello????

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn good thing we weren't drinking a bunch of beer the day we put in that septic system too!! Had we been, we would probably have put a deck on it too and figured we could sit there, drink beer, and bet on what turd would sink first!! LMBO!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess right about now would be a good time to "find" what every that guy was look'n for that pulled up in your driveway a few days back! It's going to be a long spring at your house! GL! Hope you get lots of help!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess right about now would be a good time to "find" what ever that guy was look'n for that pulled up in your driveway a few days back! It's going to be a long spring at your house! GL! Hope you get lots of help!

Thanks for the encouragement (I need it).
1st of all I believe I already found what he was looking for but didn't share it with him (nor will I). 2ndly. My buddy Frank (Huntsman53) from East TN. showed up this morning out of the blue at my place. I thought he was here to help me tear down this deck and underpinning.... but noooooooooooooo.... He brings 4 MD's and wants to play around my cave and the Duck River. So I'm now playing with Frank for a few days MDing and cave exploring again. It's a lot more fun then "destroying" my deck. I have about a week before new pool wall goes in.... But still looking for "help" and if ya don't want to help better hurry so you can play.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Limitool, I have relatives in the middle Tennessee area (Spring Hill/Columbia) and I will be up there visiting in August. If you still need a hand getting it back together, Alton, Shelby and me can give you a couple days labor. A warning though, those boys like to drink beer, and lots of it.:laughing7:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Watch out,its going to be used as an excuse to get a built in,wait and see:laughing7:

Bite the bullet and get an in-ground pool. It will cost you less in maintenance and it will add value to your home.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Limitool, I have relatives in the middle Tennessee area (Spring Hill/Columbia) and I will be up there visiting in August. If you still need a hand getting it back together, Alton, Shelby and me can give you a couple days labor. A warning though, those boys like to drink beer, and lots of it.:laughing7:

Bring it... (the beer). I live about 20 minutes from Columbia and Spring Hill is where I retired from (GM-Saturn). To late on the labor partner... I will be long done (better be but THANKS). BUT give me a head ups and come on out.... bring some beer and we'll toast my labor anyway!!!!!! Hell we'd have a blast talking MD's, caving and treasure stuff. You lie and I'll swear to it!!!!!!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Limitool; Glad to hear you guys are safe. Broken Pools are easier to fix than broken bodies. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Limitool; Glad to hear you guys are safe. Broken Pools are easier to fix than broken bodies. PEACE:RONB

Thanks... Got pool almost completely drained yesterday while talking to my buddy Frank (Huntsman53) after we explored ALL DAY out back behind my home. My buddy was on top of the deck and I was in the pool pushing water to the pump. Frank says "Move pump more to middle to your right". Yea, that looks right but I'd have to make sure pump connection (plug) doesn't touch any water. I failed and IT WAS A KODAK MOMENT!!!! I was DONE... circuit blew (GFI). Got out of pool.... everybody laughing (of course) and got another beer. God bless GFI's....!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread