What's new

Got good news and bad news! *L* (1780s property)

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
1,505
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got good news and bad news! *L* (1780's property)

the good news, now have permission to hunt a 1780's property. The bad news, it's 70 miles away. Still it has a 18" stone wall house with a dirt floor cellar, a bank barn foundation, and some other outbuildings. So it'll probably take me awhile to find anything. Soil is very loamy where any old coins would be very deep. Will assume plenty or iron and cut nails from slate roofs etc. It could turn up some great finds and it could be a bust. It has potential for arrowheads too! I'm pretty psyched about it. May take me months before I know what awaits the coil of my machine. I plan to use a weed wacker to cut down areas to high to hunt like in bank barn foundation, and that will take time. I have a signed "Search & Salvage Agreement" just in case I unearth an old cache nobody knew about - you'll never read about it here per clause#5. And that's my good news and bad news! :)


happy hunting all!
b862.webp

Clause #5 That both the Salvors and the Landowner agree that the find shall remain undisclosed to any persons other than immediate families of the participants. Furthermore, the recovery shall not be disclosed to any member of the media in any manner.
 
Last edited:
ah hahhaha you so funny! No but I call my GPS Tonto! *L*
I'll suffer through it - trust me! *L*
 
Good luck with the property.Sounds like a neat place to hunt.
 
Good luck with the property.Sounds like a neat place to hunt.
Thanks RJ. Should prove challenging and possibly even worth some hard work. *L* ya never know with these places if they haven't been hammered by MD'ers in the past.
I know it has very good potential and that's why I'm even bothering.
 
Sounds like a potential "sweet spot". But what intrigues me most is Clause #5! Well done. May you have the best of luck...
Peace
 
nice... hope you do well!
 
thanks Dave and CK. Clause #5 implies that I'm not just looking for dropped coins, relics, etc. People want to rush to the highest mountain and scream about any big finds. Now that's really silly because more people will pop out of the wood work claiming it was their great-great grandpa's, or great-great Uncle Charlie's, etc - people who no connection to the property or whatever is found. Sure it's tempting to grab bragging rights should you find something of large value. But as any professional cache hunter will tell you, in any book you'll ever read by them - keep your mouth shut! Or you may find that you have just lit a fuse to losing it all - either literally or in legal battles with slick gutter snipes. And no, I'm not a professional cache hunter just a well read one. :)
 
sounds like you have thought it out pretty well, hopefully it will be all that you hope it to be with very interesting finds and no or very little problems, good luck when you finally get to go
 
sounds like you have thought it out pretty well, hopefully it will be all that you hope it to be with very interesting finds and no or very little problems, good luck when you finally get to go
thanks dirtlooter. Yeah, I formulated a plan on this one for a long time and if I find something from 1800's - that would be great. 1700's would be amazing. It's the thrill of the hunt and thrill of the find for me. HH!
 
Congrats and best of luck on your TH'ing quest!
Uhmm, we are your T NEt family, just post a pic of a single item, if a coin, standing on edge and say "it has friends"...we'll know! Ok?

Stay safe. GL. HH!
 
You consider 70 miles a - ? My last cache hunt was a 600mi round trip. My last beach hunt was a 300 mile round trip. My MH only gets 14 mpg on diesel, but I can stay as long as I want with no motel bill and low food cost. Your search location is basicly the same layout as my farm. You will find plenty of iron and sparkplugs at the bank barn. My farm is 200 years old and there is a legend of a hidden cache here, but it is well hidden. Good luck, Frank...-shack 1939 Beauford, S.C._0069.webp
 
thanks Dave and CK. Clause #5 implies that I'm not just looking for dropped coins, relics, etc. People want to rush to the highest mountain and scream about any big finds. Now that's really silly because more people will pop out of the wood work claiming it was their great-great grandpa's, or great-great Uncle Charlie's, etc - people who no connection to the property or whatever is found. Sure it's tempting to grab bragging rights should you find something of large value. But as any professional cache hunter will tell you, in any book you'll ever read by them - keep your mouth shut! Or you may find that you have just lit a fuse to losing it all - either literally or in legal battles with slick gutter snipes. And no, I'm not a professional cache hunter just a well read one. :)

Well said.... and totally right!!!!! They'll ALWAYS be somebody wanting a "piece" or making your life miserable. But it would suck not to share at all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom