Got me a book yesterday.

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to OC to visit my brother yesterday to pick up some fishing supplies and metal detect his backyard for practice. He's one of those guys that goes from yardsales, estate sales, etc and sells on ebay for a living. He's also a collector so seeing his stuff was interesting and was somewhat impressive.

Anyways he came across this book at a garage sale and picked it up for me as he knew I was into prospecting now.

1481120851851386583155.jpg

Still has the map inside back cover. Too bad it's been folded for 46yrs. Covers a little beat up but otherwise it's in good shape. Sadly no secret spot treasure map or notes.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I covet my hardbound Bulletin 191 as still using it all the time. Thanx much for link JD-kudos folks-John

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I downloaded the pdf a couple months ago.

Thumbing thru the actual book seems to add something to the experience. Guess it's somewhat kind of like having the woman and not just the picture of her.
I hear ya... I prefer to have the book in my hands, I really don't care for online books, I don't have a kindle and I actually hate reading a book on a screen. But when ya need info sometimes electronic is the only option.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to OC to visit my brother yesterday to pick up some fishing supplies and metal detect his backyard for practice. He's one of those guys that goes from yardsales, estate sales, etc and sells on ebay for a living. He's also a collector so seeing his stuff was interesting and was somewhat impressive.

Anyways he came across this book at a garage sale and picked it up for me as he knew I was into prospecting now.

View attachment 1389164

Still has the map inside back cover. Too bad it's been folded for 46yrs. Covers a little beat up but otherwise it's in good shape. Sadly no secret spot treasure map or notes.

Nicey Nice! I have the same book, but found at a thrift store. Did yours still have the fold out map?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually have three copies of Bulletin 193 . My oldest is the same print as that one. I had to buy a new reprint to get the map

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread