What's new

Got my brother hooked and look what he finds

packfan_1982

Full Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Just got my brother hooked on this hobby. As a little gift I called a bank in his area and ordered 4 boxes for him. When I got into town we went and picked them up. 1st box we go through has a 64' showing. About half way through the box he says he has a 90%er showing, pulls it out and gives me a confused look. I figure hey maybe he got a franklin then he holds up a nice and shiny 1970 D! Are you kidding me the first box he gets and he pulls a 1970D. Well it didn't end there as about 4 rolls later he pulls ANOTHER one. He was gracious enough to give me the second one.

Well box 1 done

7 - 40%ers
2 - 64 Kennedys
2 1970D's

Will update on the other boxes as we get them done and try to add some pics.
 
Upvote 0
Wow... beginner's luck strikes again!

I told ya'll that it is important in this hobby! =)

Huge congrats to him... and to you as well, since you manged to finaggle the second one from him. =)

Maybe if there are more in the other boxes, he can be nice enough to give ME one lol.

~Dave
 
Quick!! Buy your brother another TEN boxes!

;D
 
unbelievable but true....beginners luck here in CRH is rampant.....i bet most here made a good score first time out...i know i did....first try at the 4th bank....1st 3 had nothing....here's my first finds i posted here
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,179446.0.html
14 bennies 14 kennedys
1948 1964 x2
1949 1965
1950-D 1966 x3
1951-S 1967 x3
1952 1968-D x4
1952-D 1969-D
1953-D x2
1954 x2
1956
1957
1958
and 1 1959 proof Bennie
index.webp​
 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 274
mistergee said:
unbelievable but true....beginners luck here in CRH is rampant.....i bet most here made a good score first time out...

Although I have roll hunted for years (granted I rarely did throughout the 90's and only pennies in the 80's), I had terrible luck with halves with my first forays into it....so much so I thought all silver had been pulled..(I think I was at 5 or 6 skunk boxes in a row to start and at the time I had never found a silver dime or quarter in my life)...that was before I had found this board and started bank hopping and truly searching large quantities of dimes, quarters, or halves...

I still have yet to have a great score on dimes or quarters...just consistent.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom