What's new

Got my first 1987 ... S

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I was happy to see a coin I have not seen before. A 1987 S.

Although when I looked it up, I realized that there are more of the 1987S than the 1987P or 1987D. That was a weird year for halves. They made 2.9MM 1987P and 2.9MM 1987D, but they made 4.2MM of the 1987S halves. LOL. Yes, a weird year.

But that's fine. It is a hole I had not filled until now. I have 16 of the 1987P coins (I bought some here, and found some) and 17 of the 1987D, so this first 1987S is a welcome addition to my collection. :-) This now gives me (Impaired) proofs from

1971, 1972, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007.

Still some holes, but the proofs are filling in nicely. :-)
 
Upvote 0
Nicely done.

Remember, you can't win if you don't play.

Kudos
 
Nice, proofs are fun to find
 
obediah said:
How'd you get it? Don't leave us in suspense.

In one of my skunk boxes for the week. LOL.

Still getting almost nothing in silver, but I keep trying. I"m having fun marking 1989 coins, so I can see if I get them back or not. So far out of last 141 of the 1989 coins I got, I only had 2 that had my mark on them. Shows me that i have NOT worked through MOST of these coins. And although otehrs don't like marking, it gives me HOPE that since "I" have not gone through the LARGE majority of the coins that the silver MAY still be out there.

:-)

To each his own. I only mark the 1989 though, as my test year.

And I have had some good hits this month, even though not silver. My first commem (Liberty) and a few nice proofs. Plus a low leaf Wisconsin quarter, so a good month, even if dry on silver.

And the Lord is good, even in dry months. :-)
 
On your dates are you counting also the silver proofs or just clad.

In Over one year of CRH I have just found 4 Clad Impared Proofs halves.

and about 4 1987D and 5 1987 P. Never a 87 S.

DW
 
Hey jrf30, Those 1987-s coins are out there along with the "arrow heads". Just keep looking for 'em.
Was at a coin shop the other day and bought a 1987-P and 1987-D mint unc. for $2.00 ea. Also a 1987-S proof for $3.25 so it sounds like you got a good find.
Congrats
rileboy under the boardwalk
 
I"m having fun marking 1989 coins, so I can see if I get them back or not. So far out of last 141 of the 1989 coins I got, I only had 2 that had my mark on them. Shows me that i have NOT worked through MOST of these coins. And although otehrs don't like marking, it gives me HOPE that since "I" have not gone through the LARGE majority of the coins that the silver MAY still be out there.
oh no not you too!
 
Darth Walker said:
On your dates are you counting also the silver proofs or just clad.

In Over one year of CRH I have just found 4 Clad Impared Proofs halves.

and about 4 1987D and 5 1987 P. Never a 87 S.

DW

I've never found a silver proof ... yet. All clad so far. All impaired. But still keepers, since they are still rarer and also fun to collect. :-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom