What's new

Got my first box of Halves

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
hello everyone,

I got the first box today that I ordered from the bank. The teller told me some interesting news when I went to get it. She was informed by the driver(not sure brinks or loomis they use) that they have the capabilities of sorting out the silver now. He also went to say that they keep it a secret becuase if people like me knew, that no one would order boxes and they would lose their profits from delivering them. I am not sure if that is the case or not but my box was skunk. The teller a good friend of mine said she would order as long as I wanted, that she wasnt tring to sound like she didnt want to order for me. So I have her ordering 3 boxes for next week to see if all are skunks. I figure if i get ten boxes in a row skunks they must sort themselves.

If anyone else has heard this let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. I will keep with the hand rolls they seem to hit very well here.
 
Upvote 0
Shake-N-Bake said:
hello everyone,

I got the first box today that I ordered from the bank. The teller told me some interesting news when I went to get it. She was informed by the driver(not sure brinks or loomis they use) that they have the capabilities of sorting out the silver now. He also went to say that they keep it a secret becuase if people like me knew, that no one would order boxes and they would lose their profits from delivering them. I am not sure if that is the case or not but my box was skunk. The teller a good friend of mine said she would order as long as I wanted, that she wasnt tring to sound like she didnt want to order for me. So I have her ordering 3 boxes for next week to see if all are skunks. I figure if i get ten boxes in a row skunks they must sort themselves.

If anyone else has heard this let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. I will keep with the hand rolls they seem to hit very well here.


Every so often someone here posts a story about how the coin rolling companies have some new technology that sorts out silver coins, and as always my respectful response is BS!!!

Although boxes have gotten worse for me since my first CRH back in March 08, I still do find some silver. If they had technology to remove silver we would all find none.

The profit in finding silver coins is not as great as people think with respect to the profits Brinks, etc., makes simply hauling coins and acting as a bank's liaison with the Fed reserve bank. They do just fine without becoming CRHers themselves.

For them to get new coin counters that sift silver (not sure if that even exists) would not be justified cost/benefit-wise by the measly 1.20 or so for each 40% they would find. This is especially true now that us CRHers have removed a ton of silver that once existed in the supply chain and also what was removed by alleged metal companies buying millions of halves and sorting thru them in the past (not sure of that story is true or not, but it was reported).

I think bank tellers tell CRHers this line of crap to dissuade us from ordering boxes and thus save them time dealing with our buys and/or dumps.

My 2 cents.

Jim
 
Yeah I heard that shit every week from one of the tellers at my dump bank .... the Brinks guy was always whining about dealing with halves and there was no silver in them cuz they were already picked blah blah .... B.S. plus some tellers dont want to deal with halves etc ... I say order a pile of boxes from that bank and no matter what they say just smile ... best of luck and HH , Ed
 
Scalper said:
Yeah I heard that --deleted-- every week from one of the tellers at my dump bank .... the Brinks guy was always whining about dealing with halves and there was no silver in them cuz they were already picked blah blah .... B.S. plus some tellers dont want to deal with halves etc ... I say order a pile of boxes from that bank and no matter what they say just smile ... best of luck and HH , Ed

Hey Ed,

I have never heard that from a teller regarding boxes, but once when I asked for hand rolls the teller said "sure we have some, but I have taken all the silver out". I dont think she was lying either.

As far as boxes go, I had a Brinks box last week that had 4 BU Franklins (all 1958 D) plus some 40%s and 64s (best box I had in months). So I know they are not sifting out silver. It bugs me that tellers say these things to CRHers like Shake n Bake when it is simply BS. Maybe the coin haulers are lying to the tellers cause they are too lazy to haul our boxes back and forth and think CRHers will fall for the lies?

Jim
 
I really dont think the teller made it up, she is more than willing to order as many boxes that I want. I believe the carrier is the one who said it. I was just wondering if any one else has heard this. I have no problem getting skunks here and there seeing the bank is next door to me. Only wasting time, which since back surgery i have plenty of that. lol!
Well i will keep it ya posted on future boxes.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Yes , it was the Brinks guy here that was starting the b.s about all the silver being picked out ... didnt do him much good .. congrats Jim nice score .. I had a box w/ 45 keepers 2 weeks ago :) .....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom