DrDetector
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,363
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Detector(s) used
- White's Spectrum XLT
So I was on vacation last week and randomly stopped at TWO banks. The first bank had $50 in halves so I bought them. The teller also said he had $175 in small dollars, so I bought $100 of them. The halves had 32 40%s in there! Yeah nice percentage. Also scored a 2005-P Sac Dollar, my first one from that year.
So the next morning I stop at the second bank, asked for halves. They said they had $600 so I figured I'd take a chance and get them. The first $100 was customer wrapped, with generic brown wrappers, with a big blue pen mark across the side. So when the girl goes to get the last $500 I figured it would be the same basic type. Nope...to my surprise it was a full CWI box! So I started looking through them in the parking lot, but had to drive about 3 1/2 hours so had to get going. But....about a third through the box I saw this baby! It caught me off guard a little too but I recognized it immediately. A 1986-D clad Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Commemorative Half! Yeah dude. Only took me about 300K halves to find one...and wouldn't you know it I had to go to Massachusetts to do it. You Boston Boys be slackin...
Box also had 2 40s and a nice '73S which I didn't have yet.
So the next morning I stop at the second bank, asked for halves. They said they had $600 so I figured I'd take a chance and get them. The first $100 was customer wrapped, with generic brown wrappers, with a big blue pen mark across the side. So when the girl goes to get the last $500 I figured it would be the same basic type. Nope...to my surprise it was a full CWI box! So I started looking through them in the parking lot, but had to drive about 3 1/2 hours so had to get going. But....about a third through the box I saw this baby! It caught me off guard a little too but I recognized it immediately. A 1986-D clad Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Commemorative Half! Yeah dude. Only took me about 300K halves to find one...and wouldn't you know it I had to go to Massachusetts to do it. You Boston Boys be slackin...
Box also had 2 40s and a nice '73S which I didn't have yet.
Upvote
0







