Got my first permission!

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, and that damned old Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my first permission to hunt on a local property! It's just a big field, but I've seen an old barn hiding in the trees near it, so I'm pretty excited about see what is there! I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow morning and see what I can find, but I'm still waiting on my CTX 3030 to get here so I don't have very high expectations until I get a better machine!

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck!....
Keep that permission open, so when the 3030 arrives, you will have a good baseline of what the field holds....

OP
OP
C

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on that! I will hopefully have the 3030 by next weekend, but I was sure to ask if I could have permission for a while because it is a large area... So I'm good for a while!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treat the property with respect and the owners will likewise do to you. Now, go after it:thumbsup:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
b2540e8259ab1a5f2254204f9421d506.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you gotta dig, place dirt on a plastic cloth so you can return all back in the hole.

OP
OP
C

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate all of the advice... I will be sure to treat this with respect, but this is also a great place to practice my plugs and keeping things nice and neat... It's a big open farm field not someone's front yard, and the field was plowed a couple weeks ago!

OP
OP
C

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to steal a couple hours this morning to hunt... I can't wait to get rid of this damn Bounty Hunter! Found lots of trash, an old spike from a modern tractor plow, and one whole penny! I'm up to $0.52 this year! Making big money paying for that 3030!! But I did find out that what I though was an old barn hiding in the woods turned out to be an old house! Any suggestions on signs of cashes hiding in old houses? Hot spots I should be targeting? It has a basement... And a pretty dirty old root cellar... There are mason jars everywhere on the floor, don't know if it is dirt of cement yet...

The Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2, 2015
Greensboro NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot spots: under the clothes line, route between outhouse and actual house, along the front porch, under the front porch, along the front walkway, area between barn and house, around any large trees.... the yard? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions