Got My New Omega 8000

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am writing this for newbies that may be looking for info on the omega 8000.

I have had my new Omega 8000 3 coil package for a few days and been learning.
I am just getting back into metal detecting after being away for a few years.

What I am finding with the Omega 8000 is to trust the machine it knows what it is doing.
I have read that it hits hard on coins.
The way I would describe that is coins sound "really good" and numbers are highly repeatable, the detector is accurate on its sounds and ID numbers.
So as you get more comfortable with the machine your gonna quit second guessing the machine and to trust it.
I have found if I dont get a good sound in both directions North/South and East/West its most likely junk.
I have found if I do get a good sound in both directions North/South and East/West and numbers that dont jump all over the place and numbers that only vary 1 or 2 places then your 90 percent sure its what your gonna dig.
Your still gonna dig some junk as nothing is perfect.
But basically just trust the detector.

On more thing the machine is quick you can tell (almost feel) its quickness is getting down between things and responding quickly.

treasure4pleasure

Apr 18, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you're enjoying it! Looking forward to some pics of great finds from you!:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Let us know how you do! It is an awesome machine for sure!

OP
OP
H

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been able to get out and hunt some more with the Omega 8000.

I am finding a good amount of clad with the machine.

One interesting find was a aluminum token "Good for 5 cents" around the size of a quarter with a octagon shape. I found it at around 8-9 inches. I would put a pic up but I let the home owner have it.

I found a clad penny at 7 inches.

I found a 1949 silver dime at 7 inches.

The 5 inch DD coil is really deep for its size. I found the 7 inch deep clad penny with the 5 inch DD coil.

Had a situation over the weekend the detector got noisy so I switched frequencies and it calmed right down. Nice feature.

The biggest issue i am having after being out of the sport a while is finding places to hunt.

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Huntindog not sure if we are close together or not. I call my area central Indiana. I am near Muncie. I do a little hunting further south, New Castle, Rushville, etc. We also have a new club with members all around Central Indiana. East Central Indiana Treasure Hunters has forty or more members in Indiana. You can goggle East Central Indiana Treasure Hunters and get a link to our web page. We also have a facebook page. Maybe we will hear from you and can do some hunting.

Don
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread