What's new

Got My yearly clad cleaned and rolled.

Digger RJ

Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2017
Messages
22,153
Reaction score
37,830
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$70.00 Quarters
$30.00 Dimes
$6.00 Nickels
$3.00 Random Silver Clad
$7.25 Pennies
————
$116.25
Threw away about a handful of ate up Zincolns and several Silver clad coins that were either smashed or had chunks out of them.

IMG_4382.webp
IMG_4382.webp
IMG_4280.webp
IMG_4272.webp
IMG_4374.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 15
Outstanding on the amount ") How did you clean all the coins ? TUMBLE THEM ???
 
Outstanding on the amount ") How did you clean all the coins ? TUMBLE THEM ???
I’ve tried so many ways to clean clad🤦‍♂️ I ended up washing them twice this time and using a couple tblsp of baking soda and a single tiny drop of dawn dish soap each time. Using aquarium gravel also. I’d like to get ststl shot but haven’t yet. They came out the best I’ve got them. I’ve tried so many methods on YouTube.
 
I’ve tried so many ways to clean clad🤦‍♂️ I ended up washing them twice this time and using a couple tblsp of baking soda and a single tiny drop of dawn dish soap each time. Using aquarium gravel also. I’d like to get ststl shot but haven’t yet. They came out the best I’ve got them. I’ve tried so many methods on YouTube.
I've tried many methods too but never have anything come out as crisp as you did here.
 
Congratulations RJ
Outstanding Performance this season….
Thanks for sharing
 
Outstanding on the amount ") How did you clean all the coins ? TUMBLE THEM ???

A bit of change, not bad. What is your method for cleaning the clad?

I've tried many methods too but never have anything come out as crisp as you did here.
I use aquarium gravel in my tumbler with just a little bit of Dawn liquid and enough water to cover the coins, and in about an hour it all comes out nice and clean.
Just make sure to separate the pennies from everything else, or it all comes out copper colored!
 
OldMx thank you for the info :) Could you post a picture of your tumbler
 
OldMx thank you for the info :) Could you post a picture of your tumbler
I have this one. It's a beast, and can handle a very large load.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-12-20 at 5.59.43 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2025-12-20 at 5.59.43 PM.webp
    116.1 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom