What's new

Got old dog tags?

MI Township tags

Great tags, if you ever consider selling any let me know8-)
 
This is the only dog tax tag that I have found beside rabies vaccination tags. It is for Heber Springs, AR and it is dated 1913 but counter stamped 1914. I think that it is originally 1913 because it is more evenly stamped with 1913 first. Did they ever stamp the same tag from one year to the next?

IMG_20131012_122609_378.webp
 
This is the only dog tax tag that I have found beside rabies vaccination tags. It is for Heber Springs, AR and it is dated 1913 but counter stamped 1914. I think that it is originally 1913 because it is more evenly stamped with 1913 first. Did they ever stamp the same tag from one year to the next?

View attachment 879839
yes, that is fairly common to find one year overstamped....saved on money buying new blank tags.
 
North Tonawanda

Here is one that may be worth a look. 1906 North Tonawanda, NY Dog Tax. A pad lock in a horseshoe. Warn right through. The N is stamped very light for some reason. And simply the #4?

20130501_105436 copy.webp
 
yes, that is fairly common to find one year overstamped....saved on money buying new blank tags.

OH YEAH! That is a great find! There is no current listing in the book for that town. This is now the oldest known and ONLY known tag from that town! SO COOL!!
 
Very cool Neil! Oldest and only! (By your pm I'm Guessing you quoted the wrong one in the post above). I looked up the book... $70. at Amazon. Does the author give credits to owner, finder of these tags in the book? Are they pictured? Would be neat to have a find published.
 
Very cool Neil! Oldest and only! (By your pm I'm Guessing you quoted the wrong one in the post above). I looked up the book... $70. at Amazon. Does the author give credits to owner, finder of these tags in the book? Are they pictured? Would be neat to have a find published.

What is the name or ISBN on the book?
 
Menifee Kentucky (Frenchburg)

Brass dog tax tag from Kentucky
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3411.webp
    DSCF3411.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 172
Kentucky Dog Tax Tax

Aluminum tag from Clark County (Winchester) Kentucky
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3412.webp
    DSCF3412.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 171
Cache of 21 1935 dog tax tags from Menifee County Ky homesite, found it one hole while detecting. Must of had a lot of dogs!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3419.webp
    DSCF3419.webp
    39 KB · Views: 178
Cache of 21 1935 dog tax tags from Menifee County Ky homesite, found it one hole while detecting. Must of had a lot of dogs!
That is pretty neat! maybe whoever lived in the house worked for the county animal control and brought old void tags home for his kids to play with? Bet that gave a big signal. :)
 
Yeah, Doctor Bill has done a couple or more editions of his dog tag book. He is the "go to" guy on dog tags. His real name is Bone too, and he is a retired vet whose animal practice was in Florida. He is a great guy.
2 of my favorite dog tags, non-dug:
New Hampshire 1903
attachment.php


and Chicago 1914: (the Chicago text is on the other side)
attachment.php


I love the old figural dog tags.
 
Last edited:
From Stafford Conn. GodBless Chris
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    127.6 KB · Views: 182
I have a 1919 and 1939 from Adams County Ohio found MDing. If anyone is interested in them send me a PM. I don't collect dog tags so you could be the "Lucky dog".
 

Attachments

  • jack 115.webp
    jack 115.webp
    786.9 KB · Views: 178
  • jack 117.webp
    jack 117.webp
    712.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
This one was found in Conway Arkansas. Not the oldest, but still fairly old.

57 Dog Tag.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom