What's new

Got one end of a coin collection today + 38D Nickel

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, stopped at a good bank in Ann Arbor. Asked for halves and big dollars, nope, someone picked them up. Then the teller went on how someone turned in a collection. Another teller picked up the silver certs and red seals. As I was loading up on nickels, pennies, and dimes, the teller mentioned that she was getting a lot of wheats in her window and I bought them all. Pictures say the rest. The rolls are pre-60 nickels+ wheats, buffs, wars, 1955 p, 1941 large s, and a 1938 D. This is my second to last hole in my nickel book. All I need is the coveted 50 D. Ironically, it was not found with the hoard, but someone else turned it in. The quarters are still there, but they refused to sell them until they got more in. They aren't from the teller with the stash (She told me I cleaned her out), but I'll be there ASAP. I also got a 1976S proof nickel today.

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0034.webp
    IMG_0034.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0035.webp
    IMG_0035.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Wow! That looks awesome! I can't wait to see what else you get your hands on from that collection.
 
Good score, hope you get more finds when you go back :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
That is one fine haul you scored there! nice work, maybe I need to road trip over your way,lol HH! and good luck.

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom