Got out yesterday to a new spot

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, my dad and I went out to a new spot where some claims had recently lapsed and the reports said that it could be worth working. however, we walked probably 3 miles in to the area, and it there was still 2 ft of snow in places and the stream banks had a foot of ice on both sides. we were able to chip the ice off of a small area of the bank with a pick and dig a small hole about 2ft deep. after we classified the material, we got about 4 buckets of dirt and the attached pic is the result. we only had about 4 hours to work because we wanted to get back to the truck before dark because my dad forgot his headlamp:sad11:. The area is supposed to have enough gold for us to work it, the ground that we dug hadn't been worked before, and the bedrock is supposed to be fairly shallow there too, if we can get a dredge back there. I was wondering on your opinions, because I couldn't find any info on what the pay layer looks like back there and I am sure what we got was just from the surface material. WP_20200402_11_26_28_Pro.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread