- #1
Thread Owner
I was at the right place at the right time. I went to a civil war show this weekend. Long story short, I bumped into the owner of Walker Tavern. He plans on opening a restaurant and restore the tavern. He said he used a metal detector on his property looking for items to put in a shadow box for display. I told him I would love to help and would give 100% of what I found for his displays. He agreed to let me hunt but, said it has been hunted a lot and they did not recover anything. I only had about a half hour left so, I pulled my minelab out and did a quick hunt. He was right, this will be a challenge. A lot of iron, trash, and nails. A lot of falsing/ changing signals. I cant wait to get back out there. I know its been hit hard and has a lot of trash but, its gonn be fun! I am going to hunt slow and dig a lot. We met up and he gave me a tour of the old tavern. I was like a kid walking into a fair. This was a day I will not soon forget.
I said, hi I was wondering if you allow metal..... that's all I was able to get out. The reply was , " NO YOU CANT BRING THOSE METAL DETECTORS IN HERE! " This was one of my 1st stops and permission seeking experiences back when I first got my detector.
I guess they thought I was out of my mind. lol. 







