Got rings?

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just found my first class ring (am actively trying to locate/contact owner) and realized I've done pretty good with my deus for owning for less than eight months. (Married, with 3yr old and 3 mo. old so time very limited)
Two 10k
Six silvers
And one white gold class ring.
sy6e7usy.jpg

My best advice is if you get a signal you don't really recognize and it's repeatable dig it up.
That class ring was coming up about 45(12khz)and I called it out to my digging buddy "got a dirty nickel or a gold ring here!"
And the silver ones are around 88-95(12khz)
GOOD LUCK GUYS!

edit: small red round silver ring was found with 5.75" Tesoro compadre.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
My best advice is if you get a signal you don't really recognize and it's repeatable dig it up.

Quoted for truth. This is more applicable to the Deus than most machines - the TID can fail at depth, and it's so easy and fast to swing, there's no sense in trying to cherry pick with it. If you're not sure, dig it. You can swing that coil so quickly that you'll still cover more ground (and recover more targets) than most other machines will allow for.

And very well done with the rings BTW. MOAR RINGZ! :)

OP
OP
Foot hill

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Foot hill you detecting the beach?

Nice booty!

Jim

No beach, just schools and parks;

looking at the photo I just remembered that small red rectangle silver ring was found on my own property about 11:00 pm (when wife and kids were all asleep) just got the Deus home and charged up and couldn't wait for next am to try it out, so I put my head light on and went out swinging.

Finding lots of clad and that ring was an eye opener to how fast the deus is. As my yard is littered with nails and horse shoe tacks.
I could hardly get to sleep that night..
Made me feel like a kid before Christmas!

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have this wired already

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I would say you've done extraordinarily well!

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foot Hill what prog or better yet what freq are you using?

Thanks, great finds! The ring master......

Jim

OP
OP
Foot hill

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Foot Hill what prog or better yet what freq are you using?

Thanks, great finds! The ring master......

Jim

I prefer 12 kHz as a general all around frequency. That gives a good compromise on high (silver) and low (gold) conductors.
Basic one program works great in my soil that usually ground balances between 85-90
Reactivity 2 silencer 2 is a good compromise.
I have been playing with full tones and it seams to give great audio info with a warble or fluctuating tone to most rectangle pop tops which are the bane to most gold range targets. I just haven't been able to get out as consistently as I'd like so I generally just go to basic one or Andy's basic coin program (very similar) and dig ALL the repeatable tones.

I do prefer Iron volume at one so I can hear when there is a lot of iron in the ground. If there is? Then I'll dig even "iffier" targets.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
I prefer 12 kHz as a general all around frequency. That gives a good compromise on high (silver) and low (gold) conductors. Basic one program works great in my soil that usually ground balances between 85-90 Reactivity 2 silencer 2 is a good compromise. I have been playing with full tones and it seams to give great audio info with a warble or fluctuating tone to most rectangle pop tops which are the bane to most gold range targets. I just haven't been able to get out as consistently as I'd like so I generally just go to basic one or Andy's basic coin program (very similar) and dig ALL the repeatable tones. I do prefer Iron volume at one so I can hear when there is a lot of iron in the ground. If there is? Then I'll dig even "iffier" targets. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is your setup (12K and full tones) for bottlecaps? Any warble or other clues you can hear without having to change freq, silencer, etc? Nice pile of rings!!!

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of rings for dirt hunting. Looks like you have some good spots lined up.

OP
OP
Foot hill

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How is your setup (12K and full tones) for bottlecaps? Any warble or other clues you can hear without having to change freq, silencer, etc? Nice pile of rings!!!

If the bottle caps are more than a few inches deep and rusty, they CAN. Sound really good. Ill usually see bouncing Id from 88-91 and that's my first clue. Must admit ill change program with 4kz and if number Stays same or higher its a cap. Smaller? It's dug! ..This can't be relied on at more than 4-5" though from my experience.

I just tested a friends 1oz silver bullion and the ID from 12khz (97-98) only dropped @2 numbers using 4k so that was a lesson for me As I usually see a lot bigger number drop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Foot hill

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
uvusu4u4.jpg

aby6a3ab.jpg

Found my first wedding ring. 14k diamond
Using Andy's basic coin program
came in at 58-60 (notice I did not use notch) in 12khz
Disclaimer: Lots of foil balls, pull tabs and pop tops were dug today also;)
Loving it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Foot hill

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seven rings in one day!
Too bad they're fake :(
I found them all within a 8' circle around an oak tree. My daughter (4yrs old) thinks they are priceless. So, well worth digging them up [emoji106]

esy9eder.jpg

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring! I always heard that junk is expected if your getting rings........

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions