What's new

Got Silver!

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my first good target this morning I would have sworn it was going to be a silver quarter when my F75 locked down on a solid 85 VDI number. Instead it turned out to be a silver club scout ring and not the silver coin that I was hoping for.

While still at the first site, the neighbor next door yelled out that he thought that he knew who I was. Come to find out I called him the other day to get permission to hunt one of his rental homes. Not being shy, I asked him if he had any other old sites that I could hunt. Yes indeed he said, a old mid-town home. I can't wait to see what I can find there.

The next site that I hit today was what I was looking for. It was loaded with wheat pennies, 16 of them and it didn't take me long to get my search over a 1929 Mercury Dime to keep my silver streak going. I also hit a big coin spill full of quarters and dimes. Too bad they weren't silver coins.

I decided to go back over the area by the sidewalk with my little Compadre. That sucker can find stuff that other detectors can't find. I was popping nickels left and right and one of them turned out to be a 1945p War Nickel.

I ended up finding 96 coins with 2 of them being silver. This was my 37th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 110. All done without getting skunked on a single hunt.

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity 95, DE Mode, 3H Tones, Disc Level 0, GB 58. My Compadre setting: just enough discrimination to knock out a nail.

tabman

F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20002_zps2qmzxtmo.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20004_zpstnodi2x5.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20006_zpscshwq2kl.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20008_zps1ttg3592.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20009_zpsykryxkir.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20011_zpsdfjqhyug.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20015_zpswrk7x8pm.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20017_zps1acstfyx.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20021_zps5xk0riwn.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20028_zpsym2ywmz3.jpg


F75DST%20Compadre%20Silver%20Ring%20019_zpsupoqz9ww.jpg
 
Upvote 38
That is a great day. Now you got me itching to hunt....
 
Good job by you! I too have found a Cub Scout ring, beat up though, not as nice as yours...
 
Great silver digs! Love that scout ring, I dug one like it a couple years ago. Congrats on the silver.
 
And the streak continues. :headbang: Love the Cub Scouts ring. Go-Go tabman.
 
The find of the day was the Cub Scout Ring, , but the Mercury Dime and War Nickel are real pretty too. Lots of targets.
Congrats on a bountiful hunt.
 
Well Done! You had an awesome hunt. :icon_thumright:
 
Man those cub scout rings are everywhere. If you metal detect long enough you will find one. Nice digs
 
Nice digs today! I'd be more happy with the silver scout ring than a Washington quarter... But, I'd like to find a silver Washington too, I don't come up with many larger silver coins got some reason... Great job today!!
 
Tabman What day don't you get silver.. LOL very happy for you!!
 
Thanks everyone! I had a really good time swinging my Tesoro Compadre today. I forgot how well it works and how much fun it is to use.

tabman
 
Thanks everyone! I had a really good time swinging my Tesoro Compadre today. I forgot how well it works and how much fun it is to use.

tabman

Way to go! Good hit with the Compadre, too...sometimes the simplest of instruments is all that's needed!

I've scoped a couple of rentals here in the Springs of the same vintage as where we hunted on Monday - hoping to continue my streak there!
 
The 75 is a nasty machine, but you sure that place wasn't virgin? allot of nice digs there!. Congrats on those nice silver finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom