Got SMOKED by my noobie GF today

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One heck of a day with the 'noobies'...

I took my girlfriend out and my dad metal detecting today. my girlfriend went one other time and used my Fisher F2. My dad detected in the 80's and had a Fisher 'he forgets the model now'. We went to an old park in Blairsville, PA that is now a baseball field.

I had my ETrac
my girlfriend had my new AT Pro I got in 2 days ago and never used yet.
my dad used my Fisher F2

Right off the bat, I lost my usual set up. My girlfriend took my Pro-Pointer and my digging spade. My dad took my Lesche digger and said 'keep the pin pointers'. I ended up with a very used Gator digger and a V4 pinpointer I keep as back-up gear. The park was empty and very far from any houses so none of us used headphones. I also thought it would be more fun this way to see what we were hitting and we weren't isolated the whole time. I wanted everyone to have fun.

Some basic instructions I gave a few minutes after we started and there was some confusion:
"#1 dig targets that are steady on the numeric display and hit steady and nice when you go back and forth over them."
"#2 fill in all holes and put the grass plugs back"
"#3 dad, don't just hold the pin point button down the whole time you are searching"...LOL. (sounded like a lightsaber fight..LOL)
We hit the park for at least an hour. We all stayed in the same area of the park and moved along together. My girfriend started rocking the park! The AT Pro does not have a volume control and it's loud!

I would hear DING DING DING! and she dug up a penny. DING DING DING! a quarter. DING DING DING! every 5 minutes! the fast dinging on the AT Pro sounds like when you hit a slot machine in Vegas. A single high tone 'ding' sounds EXACTLY like an elevator door when it reaches a floor. I am telling you! If you have an AT Pro hit the high tone and you'll laugh when you think about it. LOL.

FINAL TOTALS:
me- 3 newer pennies, a brass lid, a brass door hinge ....not bad?
my girlfriend- 2 quarters, 1 dime, 1 penny (all newer), matchbox car, twisted metal, a SILVER (stamped 925) CLADDAUGH RING!, old BRASS ARMY BUTTON!
dad- 4 pull tabs

Here's the picture of her finds that she 'insisted' I post on here. She knows I am on the forums a lot. her nickname is 'Bee' so now she says she will be known as the handle 'DiggerBee' *sigh*.

So, I got smoked pretty good right?

beginner's luck! ! ! !

Viddy

Viddy

Attachments

• Bee\'s finds 3-11.jpg
    Bee\'s finds 3-11.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 331
You have an e-trac. You should have easily been able to cherry pick a few dollars in quarters at the least. What happened?

Well it looks like DiggerBee has the touch !
She has a few nice finds . And I would keep that girl around as she likes to Detect and that is a good thing as I have found . :-)

It goes to show, it always isn't the "best" detector that will make the best finds.. Yet, sometimes you can call it "beginners luck". Bet your girlfriend has the bug now! She could be your competition!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back