Got some nice U.S. coins....in Germany!

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all you THer's out there. I got a story but I'm not the best writer so here go's. Recently I was introduced to a very sweet old german lady, her late husband collected coins on a limited basis throughout his later years. I met her at her house yesterday along with our mutual friend. Anyway, she brought out the collection her husband had aquired and I was amazed to say the least. I purchased several coins from her at a small price (she set the price and I didn't argue) and I will return this weekend to get the rest. I got 3 walking liberty halves, 1966 Kennedy half, 1921 Morgan (superior condition), shield nickel, "V" nickel (almost worn smooth), 1915 barber quarter, and a 1938, silver 5 mark piece (complete with Paul von Hindenburg and swastika). She has 40-50 more of the silver 5 Mark pieces and I am going to purchase all of them from her. She also gave me $200.00 in rolled coins to exchange at the bank for her and said look through them and take what you want and replace it, I got 22 wheats ranging from 1910 to 1958. I am cross-eyed now from looking through all those coins this morning. She has some silver notes also but I have no idea what thy are worth, any ideas? That's all I got for now, hopefully I'll be posting again in a few days. Thanks for reading.

rednek

PS - If any of you guys or gals want one of the silver nazi coins let me know, I don't need all of them.

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 572
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, lucky you!!! The silver 5 Deutsch Mark coins sell for about 5-6 Euros and are .900 silver, the 2 DM coins are .625 and go fro about 2.50 Euros. HH, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put an order in for a few of them. ;D

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Hey cool!!! Well that is pretty interesting :) Better than my rusty ol stuff I keep finding for sure! Keep it up :) Happy Hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions