What's new

Got some silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I went to a local bank that had $400 in hand rolls. Due to the round number I figured all would be dumps, but since I have not gotten boxes lately I figured what the heck. Also, teller said same person brought them all in (which I learned was not the case).

Well, they were dumps, all but 3 rolls (which had different wrappers than the rest).

Got 5- 64 Kennedy and 21- 40%ers.

I was going thru them quickly until I hit one of the different looking rolls, similar wrappers but still different. When I emptied it out it seemed like it was mostly silver. The next one only had 1 40, and the third had the 5 64s plus a bunch of 40s. All the dump coins were heavily marked and obviously from a different source than the 3 awesome rolls.

My best find in a long time.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
nice job
it does get frustrating with the other crh'rs in your area, i guess
don't give up
 
jim4silver said:
I went to a local bank that had $400 in hand rolls. Due to the round number I figured all would be dumps, but since I have not gotten boxes lately I figured what the heck. Also, teller said same person brought them all in (which I learned was not the case).

Well, they were dumps, all but 3 rolls (which had different wrappers than the rest).

Got 5- 64 Kennedy and 21- 40%ers.

I was going thru them quickly until I hit one of the different looking rolls, similar wrappers but still different. When I emptied it out it seemed like it was mostly silver. The next one only had 1 40, and the third had the 5 64s plus a bunch of 40s. All the dump coins were heavily marked and obviously from a different source than the 3 awesome rolls.

My best find in a long time.

Jim

Nice score Jim :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Always exciting to get silver at $2.65 an Oz.
HH
Rich
 
Good job!!!! Makes a nice little surprise when you are expecting the worst.
 
I'm still waiting for a score like that. The most I ever got was 7 in one roll was from a box that produced 67 silver coins in September 2009.
 
I have never had that many 40% in one round.

Congrats! May more silver rain upon you.

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom