CincinnatiKid
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 5, 2013
- Messages
- 2,112
- Reaction score
- 1,221
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cincinnati Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello all,
Myself and detecting partner have been detecting the grounds of a long gone military school over the past two years. 1800s silvers, tokens, Indian, buttons, relics, etc., are continually found. But we've yet to find anything with schools name or initials. I even found a nice coat button from another military school on site?
Today we bring a coworker, (newbie), complete with his $50 Harbor Freight metal detector. He didn't even have a pinpointer!
Mind you I was swingin' The Mighty ETrac, and my detecting partner an ATPro.
We even told the "newbie" of never finding anything with school logo.
Well, bout 2hrs into hunt the newb says, "hey man, check this out"! I couldn't believe what he unearthed! A complete school uniform belt buckle, with full school name and logo!! Such a class person is the newb, that upon seeing our amazement, he offered it. But with frustration, I/we had to decline. As newb becomes more familiar with sites history, he will realize the buckles local importance.
The buckle was only 2 inches deep, so any detector would have found it. Obviously.
I'll just chalk it up to "luck of the newbie".
Then again, just goes to show that whatever machine you use and if you're fortunate enough to get your coil over it, anything can be found.
Good luck to all!
Peace ✌
Myself and detecting partner have been detecting the grounds of a long gone military school over the past two years. 1800s silvers, tokens, Indian, buttons, relics, etc., are continually found. But we've yet to find anything with schools name or initials. I even found a nice coat button from another military school on site?
Today we bring a coworker, (newbie), complete with his $50 Harbor Freight metal detector. He didn't even have a pinpointer!
Mind you I was swingin' The Mighty ETrac, and my detecting partner an ATPro.
We even told the "newbie" of never finding anything with school logo.
Well, bout 2hrs into hunt the newb says, "hey man, check this out"! I couldn't believe what he unearthed! A complete school uniform belt buckle, with full school name and logo!! Such a class person is the newb, that upon seeing our amazement, he offered it. But with frustration, I/we had to decline. As newb becomes more familiar with sites history, he will realize the buckles local importance.
The buckle was only 2 inches deep, so any detector would have found it. Obviously.
I'll just chalk it up to "luck of the newbie".
Then again, just goes to show that whatever machine you use and if you're fortunate enough to get your coil over it, anything can be found.
Good luck to all!
Peace ✌
I have the HF 9 function, I think I paid about $35.00 for it with a coupon. I bought it for my girlfriend to try out detecting and didn't want to spend any real money on something that she might not keep interest in. So I buy it and take it home and set it up. We go to an old park the next day and in 5 minutes she pulls out a 1901 Barber quarter. She found all the coins that day and stomped my Pioneer 505 into the dirt. I found nothing but beavertails, foil and rusty beer caps. I finally just got disgusted and left. 








