Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay UPDATED Exp. xs came today!! FIRST HUNT!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay saw explorer ex bid & won!

You'll love it!!! It will take time to get the hang of, but it is an awesome machine that gets great depth. Let us know how you like it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay saw explorer xs bid & won! UPDATE; LINK AD

I added a link to the auction. Man I can't wait till it arrives!!

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay saw explorer xs bid & won! UPDATE; LINK ADDED

Looks like you got a great deal! Congrats! Let us know what you think of your new detector.

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay saw explorer xs bid & won! UPDATE; LINK AD

Someday down the road you might want to consider adding a pro coil to your XS. Not a necessity by any means as you now have a GREAT detector, but I love my pro coil. Some of the best finds on this site are found with an Explorer XS. I believe Iron Patch and Don in SJ both use an XS and they are consistently making great finds.

Oh... I think you got a very good deal by the way!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pjroo33 said:
Someday down the road you might want to consider adding a pro coil to your XS. Not a necessity by any means as you now have a GREAT detector, but I love my pro coil. Some of the best finds on this site are found with an Explorer XS. I believe Iron Patch and Don in SJ both use an XS and they are consistently making great finds.

I used an XS for most of the years I've detected, but now have two Ex IIs. (same guts)

As long as it works 100% I think that's a decent deal. It's a good sign seeing that black bracket on the coil, anyone who detects a lot and is serious would have tossed that away long ago. There might not be too many hours on the unit.

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pjroo33 said:

Is the pro coil a DD? I love to have a selection of coils for my detectors if it was not for my sniper coil I would not have my avatar. I really want a small DD coil to search the nail garden parts of my old sites if they made one for my 250 I might not have upgraded.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relic lover said:
pjroo33 said:

Is the pro coil a DD? I love to have a selection of coils for my detectors if it was not for my sniper coil I would not have my avatar. I really want a small DD coil to search the nail garden parts of my old sites if they made one for my 250 I might not have upgraded.

Yes it is, but only buy one if weight is an issue. I bought the pro this year but sold it and use the same type you're getting with the detector. To me the old white and black XS & EX II stock coils are the best.

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
relic lover said:
pjroo33 said:

Yes it is, but only buy one if weight is an issue. I bought the pro this year but sold it and use the same type you're getting with the detector. To me the old white and black XS & EX II stock coils are the best.

I never had a chance to use the stock black and white coil. When I acquired my EX II, it was fitted with a slimline coil. I opted to replace that coil with the Pro coil because of its reviews and also the weight difference. The only other coil I use is the Sun Ray x-5 Stealth coil for the small areas littered with iron and trash. It's a VERY quiet coil and seperates beautifully.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay saw explorer xs bid & won! UPDATE; LINK ADDED

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:..If that XS workes as good as it looks you got the deal of the year it looks like new.... :icon_thumright: :headbang:

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 488
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 484
OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay UPDATED Exp. xs came today!! air test ques

It came today!! It air tests ok as far as I can tell 8 maybe 9 inches on a silver dime is that normal? In my test garden it goes up to the 8" dime only barely though does not repeat every time. my ace hits hard on the 8 incher with the 10 by 14 coil. I have the Explorer in quickstart factory presets. The test garden is fresh made though. One thing for sure is I have a lot of learning to do!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay UPDATED Exp. xs came today!! air test ques

relic lover said:
It came today!! It air tests ok as far as I can tell 8 maybe 9 inches on a silver dime is that normal? In my test garden it goes up to the 8" dime only barely though does not repeat every time. my ace hits hard on the 8 incher with the 10 by 14 coil. I have the Explorer in quickstart factory presets. The test garden is fresh made though. One thing for sure is I have a lot of learning to do!

Yes, sounds like it is working correctly. (Raising the gain will make a deep signal sound louder)

Just using the factory preset the explorer has more guts, but you don't have to be in a rush because you'll do fine under real conditions. Try planting the dime on edge and compare the two. I don't know what will happen with a fresh target, but in normal hunting conditions the explorer is killer for targets on edge. WAY better than my GTI was, and for Garrett's sake I hope their 250 doesn't out-class the GTI 1500.

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
relic lover said:

Yes, sounds like it is working correctly. (Raising the gain will make a deep signal sound louder)

Just using the factory preset the explorer has more guts, but you don't have to be in a rush because you'll do fine under real conditions. Try planting the dime on edge and compare the two. I don't know what will happen with a fresh target, but in normal hunting conditions the explorer is killer for targets on edge. WAY better than my GTI was, and for Garrett's sake I hope their 250 doesn't out-class the GTI 1500.
Thanks for the advise sunday will be my first real hunt with it can't wait to try the iron mask out!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay UPDATED Exp. xs came today!! air test question

I just wanted to keep up with your thread, because I also am purchasing an Explorer XS for $800... but mine's coming with "a little more" extras than I've ever seen included with a detector. Poor guy's health is declining, so he's getting rid of everything. I'll post pic's & details once I've paid him in full for everything... and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you're doing as well.

Bran <><

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
I just wanted to keep up with your thread, because I also am purchasing an Explorer XS for $800... but mine's coming with "a little more" extras than I've ever seen included with a detector. Poor guy's health is declining, so he's getting rid of everything. I'll post pic's & details once I've paid him in full for everything... and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you're doing as well.

Bran <><

Hope it's a big package, $800 is high!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

Yeah, it's pretty decent... :laughing7: there's a couple beach scoops and some other stuff missing from the photo....

Bran <><

Attachments

• everything.JPG
    everything.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 400

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
Iron Patch said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

Yeah, it's pretty decent... :laughing7: there's a couple beach scoops and some other stuff missing from the photo....

Bran <><

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Re: Got the upgrade bug, went on ebay UPDATED Exp. xs came today!! air test question

Yes, you got a good deal! I've had mine for about 11 years now and still love it. I got it when I lived at Pismo Beach in CA and got tired of digging pennies and dimes at 15 to 20 inches. Even in the sand it still got tiring. Enjoy and HH

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt she works great!