Got the upgraded f75 SE back Today. WTH! Not Happy at all

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel for you bud....it seems that the bigger companys like first texas and minelab have got so big that they dont care about that one customer anymore. I can say that Tesoro, Garrett and Whites do still seem to care. I am still undecided on my upgraded f75 since I have not used it much between bad weather and work. But it seems just as chatty as before....maybe worse but we'll see....

Digger this is so BS... I have been detecting since the late 70's and I have a new Fisher F75SE and it rocks... best detector I have used... sad people bash a company with no experience.

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally received my F75 back today. And this time it is correct. I now have an F75 LTD 2. now to find the time, work has me swamped and sore. Hopefully this weekend I can get some time in to swinging it.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having just upgraded my F75 I understand the frustration of not having your detector. I will tell you they are very busy. I talked with Tom and Eva and they took very good care of me. I got to keep my gold handled F75. I can tell they made no money on the upgrades. I was happy they paid for the shipping both ways. As for the new modes, I love them. Depth did increase. The sensitivity is boosted to. Remember to read the manual to get the most out of your machine. As for the emi shielding, I can now hunt areas I missed before. Go to your favorite area and re scan it. If you don't find coins you have walked over I would be surprised. Good luck.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bash and run

Digger this is so BS... I have been detecting since the late 70's and I have a new Fisher F75SE and it rocks... best detector I have used... sad people bash a company with no experience.

I once made the same mistake but was correct to do so. I got ripped off. Now the F75 is not a beginners machine. It takes a few sets of batterys to really understand it. Also you have to realize the ground conditions are different for users and effect depth and sensitivity. First Texas has always been my goto machine since I read my first review on it by Nasa Tom. I did have a issue with my F75, it had been abused by its previous owner. First Texas fixed the machine without question and threw in some dust covers to help me protect. They gave me good advice on how to store and care for the F75 so I didn't make the same mistake.

Unless your buying a Chinese fake, your detector will most likely work as described. Put it through the paces. Go through some batterys. Read the manual. Look up Nasa Toms review. Good luck.

cladHatter

Oct 20, 2011
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm now feeling the "First Texas Love".
Sent my F75 SE in for the full blown upgrade to F75 LTD 2 and paid for 1 year of warranty. Got it back Tuesday evening, assembled it, inserted batteries and turned it on. Guess what, No Boost mode, No casche mode. I got it back as an F75 SE 2. Called them up right away, they checked and realized they made a mistake. Said they would send me another shipping label within the next 15 minutes to send it back again and that it would be a 2 day shipping to and from. Waited the rest of the evening for the email that never came. Called yesterday and left a voice mail to the same guy that I didn't get the email. about an hour later I received the email so after work I take it to FedEx, Have them print out the label and as they are scanning it in I see it shows as regular ground shipping.
So now I wait another week for them to receive it....

:lightbulb: Maybe they were more concerned about checking your unit to see if it was a counterfeit from the Middle East? :lightbulb:
Kind of makes you wonder. :icon_scratch:
And, now you can't get your units upgraded as of March 1st?
That just makes no sense. It should be offered if you are paying for it, and ESPECIALLY if still under warranty.
It is not like they were sending out notifications--I know I didn't get one (snail mail or otherwise).
I did not even know about it until I read it here on the forums.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have 2 years experience on the f75 and have made some good finds with it! It did return from First Texas just as chatty as before....however, after two factory resets....it now runs very smooth at high sensitivity. It makes a really good relic machine with its great depth and light, balanced swing. But i still stand by my original post as to, Why couldnt a huge company like First Texas or Minelab offer a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser similar to Tesoro? Tesoro is a pint size company compared to them....sounds like the big boys arent as confident in their products.....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, when considering what is the "best" machine i have used, i think about more than just depth...more than just speed. Those two but also accuracy of TID, durability, reliability, user comfort, etc.
And i would say my personal favorite of all i have used would be AT Gold.....just my opinion.

Hey, some people like mustangs, some like VW bugs....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is worth the wait. I can not enough about my ltd2 when it came back. I borrowed a friends spare at pro.........short hunt lol.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why couldnt a huge company like First Texas or Minelab offer a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser similar to Tesoro? Tesoro is a pint size company compared to them ...

Ford and Chevrolet are WAY bigger and don't offer lifetime warranty (which NY recognizes as 15 years, by the way) OR upgrades of post consumer held units.

Tesoros don't have as much to break. ;-)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ford and Chevrolet are WAY bigger and don't offer lifetime warranty (which NY recognizes as 15 years, by the way) OR upgrades of post consumer held units.

Tesoros don't have as much to break. ;-)

Great point. Most of Tesoro's electronics are off the shelf parts & not proprietary. You can go to any electronics supplier & buy most of the replacement parts needed for a Tesoro (other than coils, plastic pieces, etc...). Also how much do you think Tesoro spends on research & development and engineers' salaries compared to Minelab or FTP? Why anyone would offer a lifetime warranty makes zero sense from a business standpoint. Most consumers realize that products have a LIMITED life span. [/IMG]

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread