Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0215.jpg

This has got to be one my favorite keepers. We went to hunt the cut-out site today. My first keeper was the chauffeur license. Of course I didn't have a clue what it was at the time. Lisa was walking back up to the truck so I got it out of my pocket, handed it to her and asked if she'd wash it off and see what it was. After a minute or so I hear her yelling, "Oh my gosh!!!" :D I get out of the briar patch that I had wiggled into and make my way to see what I had found. :D
100_0206.jpg

Next keeper from there was three wheats in one hole. I thought that was neat. 1919 and two 1920's.
100_0217.jpg

Found a dog tag from 1991 an old spoon and one of those reed things. We made sure to wear our orange. ;) Can you see it?

100_0205.jpg

On Wednesday we started for one place and ended up at another. Cindi is one of the gals that hunts with us on occasion and we went by her place and stayed. I found lots a change and a nice silver pendant that her husband had lost. Snapped a picture and gave it to her. Found a neat pendant and a little bracelet.

100_0184.jpg

100_0186.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0188.jpg

Tuesday Terri and I went back to the pasture we hunted last week. I found more of those reed thingys, more of the miner's tags, garter buckle (velvet grip) and a what's it, part of watch and other stuff.

100_0196.jpg

100_0199.jpg

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! Find somethin' good!! ;)

Nana :)

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that chauffeur tag was probably kinda hard to replace in 1925! thats a neat find! when you go out in the woods you REALLY go out in the woods! nice stuff as always nana!

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang your fast!

That whats it looks like it says something. What did the spoon end
up saying? I just love the badge!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Chauffuer Badge is awesome Nana....Imagine over 82 yr.'s ago they had someone to carry you around !! lazy Son's of Batche's :D Look's like you had some great day's in the "patch".....Congrat's and HH!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Bama Girls are just tearing up the woods, just look at all the awesome stuff you're finding. Nana, that Chauffeur Badge is really a superb find, excellent condition too. Congrats!

;) RR

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Wow Nana....what a great time out! Love the license...here's one that I dug last year pictured with an old pin...a rare find and a great relic! :)

Keep up the great work!
Hank 8)

Attachments

• Finds 9-17-06.jpg
    Finds 9-17-06.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,615

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Boy, Nana, never a dull moment with you! You can find treasure in a grapefruit shell, honest to goodness! Aren't the woods wonderful this time of year? Great to hear you're having fun! Lots of ole time harmonica players out in those parts of the woods! Hi, Charlie! -Noodle

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always great variety 8)

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Neat looking bunch offinds Nana. I wonder if the realornate metal thig was at the end of a handle on a comb? It seems like I remember my granny Guy used to have a really fancy metal comb with a real nice end on the handle. That chauffers license is really neat,this guy I hunt with has dug two of them around here while I have been with him,both were very sharp looking with I guess porcelain on parts of them. I sure hope you girls are wearing some of those big snake boots out in the thickets,looks like snake country to me. HH and be careful out there...Shoot

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
I like your chauffeur's license!! Great finds like always! WTG

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great bunch of finds Nana----That chaufers license is way cool. 8)
That green grass sure looks nice---Ground is freezing up here. :'(

Attachments

• 28_3_6v[1].gif
    28_3_6v[1].gif
    37 KB · Views: 760
  • 28_3_6v[1].gif
    28_3_6v[1].gif
    37 KB · Views: 765

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana

That is a different find for sure.
Way cool..
Thats better then a silver coin..
In the spring get the weed whacker out and have a blast....

Enjoy the great finds.... DPSB

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :)

Cheesecake!!! MMMMM! Strawberry cheesecake, Nicky? ;D

Leese & Shoot... It has a date and patent date. I looked it up. It doesn't look very much like what I found but it had the same pat. date...Here's the link.....

http://patimg1.uspto.gov/.piw?docid...6S1=0669300.PN.%26OS=PN/669300%26RS=PN/669300

XLT... That's a great badge! I wonder if there's any way to find out who the drivers were to the numbers on the badges?

Mon....Sorry. :-\ I'll try to find a miner's tag just for you! ;)

Shoot....Snake country indeed. :P But with the temps cooling off, it isn't that bad right now.

Merf...You're gonna have to come to Bama and hunt! ;)

Thanks, Bob! :) I was seriously thinking about taking the weedwacker out there tomorrow! :D I've been waiting allll summer for the snakes to go away and some of the weeds to die down. The biggest problem now are the privet and the Vinca ground cover that makes one want to cuss. :P :D Swing the detector one way and on the way back it's wrapped so tight that you can't get it loose. :-X
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...tbnid=55wj9BNBmnRMXM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=133&prev=

Thanks again ya'll! Nana :)

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
:o :o :o that chauffeur's license is very nice I can see why you putting it on your best list

great find be careful out there right now maybe carry orange balloons

HH Vrent

XLT that NH chauffeur's license is pretty cool too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread