Gotta love the reject tray

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by my dump bank yesterday and as I’m walking up to the coin machine I can see the reject tray is full. I emptied my container and then grab handfuls of coins out of the reject tray. Man what a variety of coins and tokens. Also last week I was given the “garbage” out of the internal reject tray and out pops a very large silver ring. I have very good relationship with the tellers. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568807706.336709.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1568807720.434533.jpg

Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gottalovit Looks like a few silvers Cant quire see the date on the nickel? Nice haul friend

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad. A war nic, silver dime, and a Wheatie to boot.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
How does that ring make it into the internal reject tray?!? :o 10 Pfennig coin looks to be worth between $0.50-2.50+ with a 'G' Mint mark being the rarest (1.7M) and an 'A' mint mark being the most common (20.4M).

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sleepy if it fits thru the holes the coins are dumped in it will end up in the internal reject tray . After the machine is done counting the coins it will run in reverse to clear it out.

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know way too much about these machines than I probably should. Just part of the hobby I guess.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dannycoco: diddo to what you say. The machine OPENS ITS MOUTH to Max & reverse spins. Few years back, I found two men's gold rings, about 5-months apart, same branch bank, same machine. What was really nice, they fit my finger, one white gold, one yellow gold. My gain, his loss.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Sleepy if it fits thru the holes the coins are dumped in it will end up in the internal reject tray . After the machine is done counting the coins it will run in reverse to clear it out.

Dannycoco: diddo to what you say. The machine OPENS ITS MOUTH to Max & reverse spins.

I know the type of machine you guys are talking about. Didn't know it opened up to max at the end. Makes sense how it could swallow a ring then.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dumped halves today in a machine that was jammed with a bent dime that caused it to squeal. When the machine was opened, I saw the internal reject bin had a wild selection of coins in it and sitting right on top was a small women's yellow gold ring (no stone). This credit union lets me look at the stuff but not take or buy anything from the internal bin. Someone is sniping it because there were several dollar bills in there. Another branch of the same credit union says "sure, help yourself" about the internal reject bin.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 of my 3 branches hold the internal contents for the "lost item" sniper in charge (snoopy the "administration" flunky with the tie told me). I ALWAYS purge the magnets of their ill gotten gains---- bagged a '43 Steelie today8-)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin cool that's craaaaazy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread