GOUTIN IT OUT

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
ok somebody tell me ? i dont figure this ? i hear alcohol is a trigger ? i hear seafood is a trigger ? but ? and i say but ? becuz sometimes i can eat this stuff ? and no problem. so i tried cherry juice. and it was'nt really any help. has anybody taken Allopurinol for this ? do you get quick results ? i've had enuf of this. the pain is murder. especially when u get it in ur knee and then it migrates down to ur foot ? or vice versa. i've had it over a week now. and it really makes you think. it makes me think ? why God ? why do you hate me ? DOH !

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best and surest way to get rid of it is to flush your body. The cherry juice mentioned is a way of cleansing the kidneys as it makes you want to go.
Drink plenty of water...
Gout is caused by your body being dehydrated.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
The best and surest way to get rid of it is to flush your body. The cherry juice mentioned is a way of cleansing the kidneys as it makes you want to go.
Drink plenty of water...
yeah i try to do that. but ur body can only absorb so much liquid. and then it just seems to sit in ur stomach and blubble and gurgle there. yeah and dont forget sloshin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seafood that has the highest chance of triggering gout.

High-Purine Seafood
Anchovies410 mg
Trout, unspecified297 mg
Tuna in oil290 mg
Tuna257 mg
Sardine210 mg
Halibut178 mg
Salmon170 mg
Crab152 mg
Lobster102 mg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Treasure_Hunter, any foods or drinks high in Purine will trigger gout. For me, beer was the trigger so haven't had a beer in 6 years. A drug called Colchicine (can also be called Colcrys) in .6 mg tablets kills my gout when something else triggers it. My Doctor didn't recommend taking Allopurinol daily.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beer is the biggest offender. Liquor made from grain is a close second.

The food list posted earlier shows other contributors.

I used to take Colchicine for flare-ups. It worked a few times then didn't seem to help at all.

I finally started on Allopurinol about two years ago. It took 3 - 4 months for the uric acid to dissipate from my system. I had gout flare-ups in my toes, knees, and hips. As the Allopurinol starts to work it WILL cause flare-ups. It hurts like a son-of-a-gun for a while but you have to stick with it. For me, when it was over, it was over for good. I have not had any flare-ups since.

I will also say that I stopped drinking beer. I'm a tequila guy these days.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Seafood that has the highest chance of triggering gout.

High-Purine Seafood
Anchovies410 mg
Trout, unspecified297 mg
Tuna in oil290 mg
Tuna257 mg
Sardine210 mg
Halibut178 mg
Salmon170 mg
Crab152 mg
Lobster102 mg

well that certainly throws a new curve ball into the game. fish is supposed to have those things in there that are supposed to me good for heart health ? oh well who needs a heart anyways ? i gave up a long time ago. so what ? who cares ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well that certainly throws a new curve ball into the game. fish is supposed to have those things in there that are supposed to me good for heart health ? oh well who needs a heart anyways ? i gave up a long time ago. so what ? who cares ?
You can still eat saltwater fish, just in moderation if it is high in purine. Freshwater fish is pretty much safe.

Mussels, scallops, squid, shrimp, oysters, crab, and lobsters should only be eaten once in a while if you have gout. Alcohol is also bad for gout.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok somebody tell me ? i dont figure this ? i hear alcohol is a trigger ? i hear seafood is a trigger ? but ? and i say but ? becuz sometimes i can eat this stuff ? and no problem. so i tried cherry juice. and it was'nt really any help. has anybody taken Allopurinol for this ? do you get quick results ? i've had enuf of this. the pain is murder. especially when u get it in ur knee and then it migrates down to ur foot ? or vice versa. i've had it over a week now. and it really makes you think. it makes me think ? why God ? why do you hate me ? DOH !
I have been taking Allopurinol for years and it really keeps it at bay! Mine was mostly in my feet. I "sorta" watch my diet, but I still drink beer and eat seafood.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beer is the biggest offender. Liquor made from grain is a close second.

The food list posted earlier shows other contributors.

I used to take Colchicine for flare-ups. It worked a few times then didn't seem to help at all.

I finally started on Allopurinol about two years ago. It took 3 - 4 months for the uric acid to dissipate from my system. I had gout flare-ups in my toes, knees, and hips. As the Allopurinol starts to work it WILL cause flare-ups. It hurts like a son-of-a-gun for a while but you have to stick with it. For me, when it was over, it was over for good. I have not had any flare-ups since.

I will also say that I stopped drinking beer. I'm a tequila guy these days.
Yep! Thats exactly how it was for me!. Colchicine (anti inflammatory) really helps during the uric acid dissipation.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
Drink plenty of water...
btw my body dont flush too good. especially these days

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
so something else i need to know from u guys is ? has anyone ever had a blood test to measure purine levels in your blood ? also what regulates them ? is it your kidneys ? liver ? i can eat some of the trigger foods at times and be ok ? so ? thanks

tumbleweed35

Greenie
Aug 3, 2018
nwarkansas
Detector(s) used
ace250, etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so something else i need to know from u guys is ? has anyone ever had a blood test to measure purine levels in your blood ? also what regulates them ? is it your kidneys ? liver ? i can eat some of the trigger foods at times and be ok ? so ? thanks
I have way too much experience with gout, I had suffered with it for over 30 years and I agree with what everybody says about it. I haven't had it now for about a year and a half. About 2years ago I became very sick to the point of almost dying. I started seeing an herbal healer who determined I had a toxic liver. We addressed that with cleanses, accupuncture, numerous herbs and vitamins and avoiding some foods. It was a slow process, but well worth the effort. The liver, kidneys, gall bladder and pancreas all work to eliminate toxins from our body along with the ducts that transport the bad stuff out . The mainstream medical people's answer was to just get on the drug allpurinol everyday for the rest of your life and you can eat or drink whatever you want. That didn't sound like a good option to me. Today I eat and drink pretty much whatever I want in moderation with the exception of bacon and certain sausage and try to make sure my body flushes most of the toxins regularly. I have lost 30 lbs-and no longer have a "beer belly" which I had so much invested in. Years ago colchicine used to be my go to for relief- a bottle of 100 used to be about $10, then the drug co took it off the market, tweaked the formula got a new patent and called it colchris and charge about $7 per pill. It works but it is out of my price range. Now I just try to regulate my body chemistry through healthy eating and drinking and try to stay away from chemical laden foods and beverages. Sugar or sugar substitutes are killers. I still drink beer and wine and eat shellfish and lean red meat all in moderation and I'm 71 years old and take no pharmaceutical medications

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
i hate being repetitious but ! is there a blood test to measure this ? and as far as growing old gracefully. i'm loosing my patience. forget it

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are blood/urine tests to check calcium and citric acid levels that contribute to gout flair-ups.

I have been on Alpuronol (sp?) for probably over 20 years and only have occasional flair-ups now.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
well i did some more checking. and i cant believe what i'm seeing ? dried nuts have purines. i've been eating unsalted sunflower seeds. they're cheap and i like them. a NO-NO also sauteed mushrooms a NO-NO say this aint so ? cant be ? and soybeans too ? and no tuna fish ? this cant be real. i think i'm in a episode of the Twilight Zone ?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i did some more checking. and i cant believe what i'm seeing ? dried nuts have purines. i've been eating unsalted sunflower seeds. they're cheap and i like them. a NO-NO also sauteed mushrooms a NO-NO say this aint so ? cant be ? and soybeans too ? and no tuna fish ? this cant be real. i think i'm in a episode of the Twilight Zone ?
Sunflower seeds are low in oxalic acid so they will not cause you a gout flare. Don't mix it with vitamin E.
Try to remember that foods and snacks with high levels of oxalic acid must be avoided if you suffer from gout. Some examples include sesame seeds and pine nuts.

Sunflower seeds are also high in omega 6 fatty acids and as aforementioned vitamin E. When these two are mixed, anti-inflammatory benefits are presented. Sunflower seeds contain 25.000 mg of omega 6 fatty acids which is considered ideal. Too much of these can cause inflammation. Gout is an inflammatory disease, so obviously, anti-inflammatory foods are beneficial.

Mushrooms will not affect your gout

Tuna you will want to limit, but you can still eat it, just don't consume a lot in a setting and don't eat it every day.

Soy contains moderate amounts of purines. So, consuming large amounts of soy-based products can increase the risk of gout.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
has anybody tried green ape gummies with any good results ? endorsed by Dr.Phil himself

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
well i got some concentrated cherry juice. so does this start working ? when will i start to feel results ? this pain is torture ! ARGHH !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i got some concentrated cherry juice. so does this start working ? when will i start to feel results ? this pain is torture ! ARGHH !
It isn't instant, it is something you should take regularly if you have gout to reduce the number of flare-ups, Turmeric is also good for gout.

Some treatment I also recommend is the gin-soaked raisins treatment. I have used it for plantar fasciitis. I was going to have foot surgery because of the pain and nothing I tried worked much. While waiting for the surgery I read about this treatment and thought I would try it as I had nothing to lose, about 3 weeks after starting it all the pain in my heels went away. I had my mother try it for her arthritis in her hands that she suffered from for years, the same thing happen to her, about 3 weeks after starting the pain in her hands went away, and gout is inflammation. What hurt to try and the cost is cheap.

Get a box of golden raisins and a pint of gin with real juniper berries, not juniper flavor, put the raisins in a container and pour the gin over them till they are completely covered, cover them with a piece of cheesecloth or anything you have to keep bugs out but it needs to allow the raisins and gin to breath so don't put them in an airtight container. The alcohol will evaporate in you can start taking them in about 10 days. Take a teaspoon every day.

It is a combination of the sulfur in the golden raisins and the juniper berries in the gin that works. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, juniper berries were used by native Americans for inflamation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread