What's new

Graham & Morton Steamer Token

dutchroots

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Graham & Morton Steamer Token

I just found this interesting token tonight at the schoolhouse. Anybody have information on it? How should I clean it?
 

Attachments

  • steamer1a.webp
    steamer1a.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 300
  • steamer2a.webp
    steamer2a.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 260
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

COOL! I found one a couple years ago. Nice dig! They are pretty tough, you can give it a good soapy water scub with a tooth brush. If you have a lot of tough junk stuck on it then soak it in olive oil for about a month then take it out and pick the junk with a tooth pick.
 
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

Wow, very nice dutchroots! :hello2: Such a neat piece of history you found there.

HH
p.s. So does this mean the steamers came up the Grand River to get to Grand Rapids? :dontknow: Was the Grand River navigable back then?
 
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

Nice find! That is very interesting. :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

congrats on a cool piece of history there, I love digging those old tokens. looks like it will clean up nice. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

100% Beautiful! Congrats. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

I found the same token for that ship but mine has different writing on it ill have to find it and post a picture
 
Re: Graham & Morton Steamer Token

Nice looking token. Might soak it in warm water for awhile. I have always done the peroxide bath, then a oil soak for a month....but from what i've been hearing lately is that olive oil may do more harm in the long run. ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom