What's new

Grandfather Produces Again!

JJtheRollHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I called a small credit union by his work and asked if they had any halves. They said they only had $3.00 worth. So I asked her the dates on the half dollars. All I could understand was 1968 and 1966. So I called my grandfather at work and told him that a bank has 2 40%ers. He said he'd hit the bank on the way home. It's a good thing I told him to get all they had! I called him when he got home and he said there was 4 1968s, 1 1966, and 1 1963 Ben! A solid $3.00.

Here is his totals for me:

7 40%ers
1 Walker
1 Ben
 
Upvote 0
That is a great snag. You would think the tellers would snag those babies.

Golden silver
 
JJtheRollHunter said:
I called a small credit union by his work and asked if they had any halves. They said they only had $3.00 worth. So I asked her the dates on the half dollars. All I could understand was 1968 and 1966. So I called my grandfather at work and told him that a bank has 2 40%ers. He said he'd hit the bank on the way home. It's a good thing I told him to get all they had! I called him when he got home and he said there was 4 1968s, 1 1966, and 1 1963 Ben! A solid $3.00.

Here is his totals for me:

7 40%ers
1 Walker
1 Ben

Nice finds, but always buy them all. Never ask about the dates When you get selective, the tellers get suspicious........and we all could lose.
 
I agree. Never ask about dates, and never mention silver!! Just buy them all and dump the unwanted ones.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
I can't tell you how many times I've been told not to ask about the dates. I never mention silver, but I have to ask them the dates because I don't want to send my grandfather out of his way to pick up clad. So, unless I am going to pick them up, I ask about the dates. I hope all of you understand what I'm saying.
 
I understand your situation. In any other though I would say don't mention it.

Golden Silver
 
I can't tell you how many times I've been told not to ask about the dates. I never mention silver, but I have to ask them the dates because I don't want to send my grandfather out of his way to pick up clad. So, unless I am going to pick them up, I ask about the dates. I hope all of you understand what I'm saying.
if its near his work then its not really out of his way. what if she said she only had coins with dates in the 70's? would you have said never mind after she took her time to see what they had in the vault and in the tellers trays? you have to keep in mind that they don't make money off us and our hobby. they don't have to deal with us especially if we don't have an account. so we look at it as they are doing us a favor, and try to inconvenience them as little as possible. we also do them the favor of taking them off thier hands,whether they are silver or all clad, and dumping them elsewhere, as they have to count them every night. now, do you want to be the guy they remember as making them look for the coins and then not taking them? or do you want to be remembered as the guy who does them a favor by taking all those coins off thier hands? which guy do you think they will save all half dollars for? guy #1 or guy #2

i understand your funds may be low or you are trying to save yourself and your grandfather a little work, but this is one of the sacrifices we make in order to be able to keep enjoying this hobby of ours. hope you understand now why everyone is telling you not to ask about the dates. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom