What's new

Grandfathers Finds cont. (better pics)

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grandfather's Finds cont. (better pics)

Here's some better pics of earlier finds. Any help with ID?
 

Attachments

  • a1.webp
    a1.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 110
  • a2.webp
    a2.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 88
  • a3.webp
    a3.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 79
  • a4.webp
    a4.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 80
  • a5.webp
    a5.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Don't think that big metal head would've ever been used, except maybe for a spear...too top heavy to fly...where'd the other ones come from, they all look like obsidian.
 
JMO I don't think the metal point is NA it is a casted piece of metal. I can't tell a lot because I can't zoom in on your photos, the reason I don't think it is NA it has never been used ,no cutting edge and the base is to thick to haft to anything and use it. The way it is made it would have to go into a socketed shaft, and has I said before it looks to be casted and no cutting edge. I don't know of NA doing any casting and I may be wrong on that, if I am I would love to read up on it, because I have cast bronze points and other items. The Obsidian points are cool:icon_thumright:
 
great obsidian!! The metal one looks to be a cast piece from the photos. Does it look forged or cast up close??
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom