Granite

jones6780

Sep 29, 2018
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went by the local counter top maker. He has a dumpster for the rock discards. He posted a sign on it that the contents are free at your own risk. Just don't add trash to his rock.

Looked in and there are several pieces big enough to make a few things with, and a good variety of color. I will have to go back and keep an eye on this, and decide what to make.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find that stuff isnt cheap

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an idea for you. pick a piece that's close to the size of a half sheet of sand paper. Set it on your bench add a few drops of honing oil or similar. Apply your half sheet of sandpaper. The oil will hold it to the marble. Add a couple drops to the paper and hone away! Takes up less room than a drawer full of stones and is fairly quick change and a pack of paper is cheaper than stones. You can find 2000 grit paper easily. Haven't tried it myself but a buddy was doing his carving tools with just paper grocery bag and he was getting mirror edges!!

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell some pieces to a reastarant, they make nice (but heavy) platters for cold food. Stored in the fridge overnight they stay cool for quite awhile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions