wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my most exciting hunts because of the old coins that were coming up. I've found very few silver coins on the beach but today was something else. Conditions were good with irregular cuts and washed out areas and a lot of black sand patches. My PI was unusually noisy working the black sand. I had to swing slow to pick out targets they were difficult to hear. First three targets were a merc, buffalo nickel and a wheat penny. I knew something was up!

Pictures show (4) Silver Qtrs. (3) Mercs. (5) Silver Rosies (8) Wheats (1) Buffalo + an additional $18.60 in clad.
Good Luck Out There.......

001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG

Upvote 0

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's an impressive haul. Congrats on the success and thanks for sharing.

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds maybe some older gold next time good luck

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's impressive detecting, wildcarrot:notworthy:

Great goin' on all the coin finds....especially the silver !

Lorraine

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Carrot, can I ask what part of California you're from ? I mean, you don't need to say which particular beach that was, but ...... just in general, what part of CA you're at (northern, central, southern, or near what city, etc....).

Congratz on the silver and goodies! All the beaches I checked after this last system came through were lame. No matter which way they faced, they weren't producing. The high tides on the day of the swell/wind arrival were not very high (to have allowed it to erode into the higher dunes).

I'm on the Monterey bay. Same poor reports were coming in from guys hunting most of the So. CA beaches: target counts low. But a few beaches apparently did get affected. Just not many. You must've gotten lucky and found the one which got eroded in your area. Congratz.

ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nice hunt Rich! Hmmmm, Heavy Black Sand patches, old silver coins, I think I know what beach you were at. The black sand in that area can make it a very difficult area to hunt, which is why I rarely hunt there, just too much Black Sand for me and my GT to handle. Josh does a good job hunting that area too..Must be a PI thing eh?
:occasion14:

Last edited:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a lot of loot. What's with all the keys? Were you behind a Hotel? :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread