Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would make a great TV show! If your teams were only to give say 22 episodes 40 minutes of time to it a year. Figure Them teams that's only about 80 minutes each a year! Five teams would be only 160 minutes a year. If we figured that just 3-7hours of time per team would be needed to have a Great Beale Treasure Throwdown

No job loss, not much time would be needed at all! It would slowly escalate over the 7 years of the show after some of the teams just couldn't keep up with the true deciphered text, but they would have there 6 hours of Fame as a Beale Expert!

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would seem the Beale Papers have a following around the world! Possibly we could have some teams from other countries, like Canada!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would make a great TV show! If your teams were only to give say 22 episodes 40 minutes of time to it a year. Figure Them teams that's only about 80 minutes each a year! Five teams would be only 160 minutes a year. If we figured that just 3-7hours of time per team would be needed to have a Great Beale Treasure Throwdown

No job loss, not much time would be needed at all! It would slowly escalate over the 7 years of the show after some of the teams just couldn't keep up with the true deciphered text, but they would have there 6 hours of Fame as a Beale Expert!

I believe it would be better to do a two hour documentary about actual facts of the Beale Treasure. Not actual facts that the treasure is real or not. Nor actual facts about deciphering the codes. A two hour documentary of taking people to the sites of interest. Like the location of the Washington Hotel. Where Robert Morriss' house was located that he lived in also the surrounding buildings and landmarks that were important in the day of the supposed treasure was delivered and buried. A visit to the homesite of James Beverly Risque. A visit to the home of Anzoletta Saunders where Robert Morriss died. Possible authors for the Beale Treasure story. And then end the documentary as to whether the story was true or not and the cipher codes that need to be deciphered. I would go for that myself. But boring viewers with more of the Oak Island Crap or the Civil War crap they are filming in Michigan, you can count me out.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterpoe, maybe ten years ago you could have sold the networks and the masses on this type of thing while such adventure/fantasies was the current trend, but I think you'll find as you talk with the various production companies that this type of content has pretty much run its course on both venues and that the flavor of the day has now changed to other types of content. Sort of, "out with the old and in with the new."

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it would be better to do a two hour documentary about actual facts of the Beale Treasure. Not actual facts that the treasure is real or not. Nor actual facts about deciphering the codes. A two hour documentary of taking people to the sites of interest. Like the location of the Washington Hotel. Where Robert Morriss' house was located that he lived in also the surrounding buildings and landmarks that were important in the day of the supposed treasure was delivered and buried. A visit to the homesite of James Beverly Risque. A visit to the home of Anzoletta Saunders where Robert Morriss died. Possible authors for the Beale Treasure story. And then end the documentary as to whether the story was true or not and the cipher codes that need to be deciphered. I would go for that myself. But boring viewers with more of the Oak Island Crap or the Civil War crap they are filming in Michigan, you can count me out.

I'm sure one day that will happen, but till then we could do our own TV Show on YouTube, or the like!

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterpoe, maybe ten years ago you could have sold the networks and the masses on this type of thing while such adventure/fantasies was the current trend, but I think you'll find as you talk with the various production companies that this type of content has pretty much run its course on both venues and that the flavor of the day has now changed to other types of content. Sort of, "out with the old and in with the new."

We are in the age now where we should not need a production company at all! We can use the tech of today to do the same thing at much lower overhead then production companys and control every aspect of what is in the show!

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If need be,I can make up a story as well as the next guy. Just holler if ya need another treasure story ...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
masterpoe, that idea has already been approached by a company out of Canada called Proper Television. They tried to sell the idea at Realscrean summit years back. They wanted to have a show where they gave the Treasure hunters/Theorist all the tools or resources needed to finish their quest and then follow them with a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread