What's new

Great CW button day plus counterfeit Gold coin

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t posted in a while, but I had a great day today so I thought I’d share. Found 3 Canfield Brothers silvered Virginia buttons in the same hole, an Eagle artillery button and a counterfeit 5 dollar gold piece. I haven’t had a day like this in a while.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2048.webp
    IMG_2048.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_2049.webp
    IMG_2049.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 239
Upvote 36
I haven’t posted in a while, but I had a great day today so I thought I’d share. Found 3 Canfield Brothers silvered Virginia buttons in the same hole, an Eagle artillery button and a counterfeit 5 dollar gold piece. I haven’t had a day like this in a while.
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!
 
Can I see (we see) a picture of the "fugazzi" gold piece? EDIT, I looked at the pictures again
Is it actually gold (metal) or just something that might be mistaken in a dim light of a candle or lantern?

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Its brass and had a gold guilt that’s mostly gone now. Probably when it was made in 1843 it looked pretty convincing.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2056.webp
    IMG_2056.webp
    309.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2057.webp
    IMG_2057.webp
    210 KB · Views: 53
Wow, incredible hunt! We all need one like that once in a while, congrats!
Thank you! I wasn’t expecting much and POW, all three Virginia buttons came out of the same hole, it was an excellent day
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom