Great day! Standing Liberty, Barber, CW button, watch fob and more!

1digger

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2009_0927stainwalnut0010.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0007.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0008.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0009.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0010.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0011.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0012.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0013.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0014.JPG2009_1002stainwalnut0006.JPG Went back to the Mill House site that I had thought I had hunted out recently and was pleasantly surprised to find that a tiller was taken through the are where the house once stood in an effort to flatten out the land. The finds just kept coming. The Beautiful Standing liberty must have been in the building when it was torn down. I've never found old silver in the ground that looked so pristine. They tend to look more like the Barber dime around here, lol. The shield object is a curiosity, with the fleur de lis. Any ideas? The flat button with the eagle was exciting -I've seen some posted here, with a wreath, but this seems to have stars on it. Any ideas on age or rarity? The CW button has "best quality" on the reverse. Is it common? Very exciting day for me :headbang: Also, found a "sesqui-centennial" 1926 Liberty Bell watch fob -it's seen better days:unhappysmiley: Interesting ring with glass stones (?) -one fell out since I found it.

Upvote 6
NOT FLEUR DE LIS
THOSE ARE FEATHER PLUMES
Royal Fusiliers
fuseliers.jpg
I HAVE A CUFF LINK (THIS PIC IS NOT IT - JUST AN EXAMPLE FOR YOU) WITH SIMILAR DESIGN TO YOURS - DONE BY HAND THAT I FOUND AT A 1600S-1700S SITE

NICE FINDS :icon_thumright:

AND ID SAY YOUR FLAT BUTTON IS LATE 1700S - EARLY 1800S

Nice finds, silver always looks great. I do love the ring.

Great finds! That SLQ is amazing- Congrats!

Jeff

Amazing finds! I love finding standing lib quarters, although I've only found 2 out of the 15 yrs. I've been detecting, same goes w/ the barber. Anyway Congrats on the the great finds! HH

What a great hunt! Congrats on the coinage. :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure that the shield piece is called a saddle shield which is a decorative piece. Looks very old too.
Great post,
MM

Last edited:
man that was a great day. very nice finds!

I think the shield relic is a decorative reign end as shown in Crouch's relic book. I have dug them before. Nice finds. HH, Quindy.

Hello 1digger. That's a real nice mix of great finds.

Does the liberty bell pendant thing have some engraving on it?

Thanks for posting them. C9

That liberty quarter is awesome! That is a good day!

Great finds, Congrats. very, very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back