Great Day

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Well, I went out early this morning, looking for a certain place in the middle of nowhere near here. I found a bunch of nowhere!! LOL Didn't find the place I was looking for, but I ended up in a little town N of Carlsbad and hit a park. No luck. Then I looked across the street and there was a school next to a playground. I hit the playground and woodchipped about $2.25 out of it in clad. WOO HOO! I was pretty happy. That's the best one-day total so far. ;D Then the wind started blowing...and blowing and BLOWING! I decided to call it a day and head back home to work on the camper.

Got a few minor repairs done and another one started and headed to the Dumpster to toss all the replaced stuff. My back neighbor was there with his 3 boys.....and they were doing some serious Dumpster diving. It seems they were raking leaves (it's big time fall here and we all have pecan trees that have lost all their leaves in the last week) and managed to drop his keys and had tossed them! One of the keys was a safety box key that would have cost him $40 to replace! I said "I may have an easier solution," and went in and grabbed my little Ace 250. I took it out to the Dumpster and detected, but there was tons of signals sounding. Then I noticed he had about 15 large bags of leaves. I asked if the keys could be in one of the bags and he said "Maybe." So, I started detecting bags of leaves! Well, on the 3rd bag, I got a strong signal about 1/3 down on one side. By then, my wife was there and a couple or 4 of the other neighbors. They grabbed the bag, started going through it and, sure enough, about 1/3 down on the side I had said, the keys come out!! Man, you could have heard the cheers for a block!! LOLOL Needless to say, my wife (Sweetie) was MOST impressed. Now my neighbor wants to get a detector for when they go down to Mexico to visit their relatives. Another convert! Also, I said I'd be happy to come over on Sunday afternoon and detect their yard....and let the kids try....and we'll split 50/50. He said most definitely!!

So, all in all this was a great day detecting.

HH, ya'll!

Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
TX,
Nice going!!!!
Not only did you 'convert' some; you bought yourself ALL KINDS of goodwill in the neighborhood! Good luck, Sunday!
(don't know that i'd have offered to split, tho) ;o;
:) :) HH :) :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...............

Our hero for the day! ;)

Very kind of you to offer your assistance! I'm sure you impressed a lot of folks today!

Congrats and good luck on that yard!!!

Nana ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great story!great day!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great day detecting! HH, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to do a good deed!!

M

mchamby

Nice recovery for your neighbor, I'm sure after the story gets around you will have a few people come up to you and ask you to find something they lost in the past. HH
Mchamby

R

rvbvetter

Great day indeed!! Not often that one of us gets cheers. Great Job!!! WTG!!!!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread