Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pics Art....

and those bullets of course!.......but....could you tell me what the other finds are? :)

Thanks for sharing your finds!

Nana ;)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Nana40 said:
Love the pics Art....

? ? ? and those bullets of course!.......but....could you tell me what the other finds are?? :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks for sharing your finds!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nana? ;) ?NANA, The iron object top left we think is a part of a stirrup, iron object to the right of that is a piece of case shot, next is an artillery fuse. Round lead ball is confederate grape or canister shot, long item at bottom is a bayonet scabbard. Hope this is helpful. trk5capt...

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow capt! Yes it was!!

I learn something new today!

Thanks!!! Great finds!

Nana ;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Art, Tsgman

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
JakePhelps said:
Awesome stuff!!? Didn't know bayonets had scabbards, thought it was only swords.
?When bayonet was not affixed to the rifle it was carried in the scabbard, just as it has been up to modern times. trk5capt...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fuse from a cannon shoot to very cool! ;D

suzyqdogs

Jul 4, 2005
Speaking of bullets can anyone tell me what would be the approximate age of lead bullets like these? Any help is greatly appreciated! And, nice finds, by the way!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
suzyqdogs said:
Speaking of bullets can anyone tell me what would be the approximate age of lead bullets like these? Any help is greatly appreciated! And, nice finds, by the way!
Suzy, These bullets are all CW era 1861--- 1865. Hope this is helpful to you. trk5capt...

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
ARE YOU NEAR A BATTLEFIELD AND IF SO WHICH ONE? JUST CURIOUS. GREAT FINDS. I AM IN NORTHERN VA AND YOU CAN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT BIG ANYMORE.
PEPPERPUMP;)

suzyqdogs

Jul 4, 2005
I am from Brandon Manitoba Canada! Didn't really expect to find one of these bullets here that's why I thought they still made these although it was about 3" down! It was found at St. Michael's Academy built in the late 1800's or early 1900's. Any ideas?

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
pepperpump said:
ARE YOU NEAR A BATTLEFIELD AND IF SO WHICH ONE? JUST CURIOUS. GREAT FINDS. I AM IN NORTHERN VA AND YOU CAN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT BIG ANYMORE.
PEPPERPUMP;)
A small skirmish site on John's Island, S.C. Sorry, but for now it will have to remain nameless. trk5capt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread