What's new

Great Day!

CajunPointHunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.W. Louisiana
I decided this morning to visit a site I haven't been to in quite a long time and wow, I'm glad I did. The site is nestled between a creek and drain it has a small hump above natural grade but I do not believe it to be a mound because there is to much evidence of peoples living on the hump pottery shards, chips and fire pits. The hump is a grayish sandy silt and natural grade is a reddish loam (sandy silty clay). Anyhow I had never dug through the hump into natural grade about 18" to 24" deep until today! I'm going to, at serious risk of embarrassing myself again, try to type 'em. Gator, Rock and anyone else that wants to play the typing game, keep me in line here! 1. I'm gonna say Colbert 1000 to 4000 B.P. 2. San Patrice (easy one) 3. Washita 4. Caddoan Blade (BOOYAH!!!!) 5. Sabineal (first despite living in stabile parish) image-4251885885.webp image-92973989.webp image-1038079219.webp image-2830274721.webp image-2746066609.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice! I have a co-worker who is from Mooringsport, and he said a lot of people look in that area and find good stuff..
 
That's a heck of day there. Congrats on some great finds. That blade is really nice.
 
those are super sweet ,thanks for sharing
 
Im not good on the guessing game for points. Almost everyone I find is different. But you have found some nice ones. Do you ever do any in-stu pics?
 
real super finds:icon_thumleft: we call #5 a Rockwall and that is a very nice San Patrice.
 
NICE!!! Thanks for sharing
 
NOTWORTY super awesome!!!
 
You indeed had a great day. Thanks for sharing and good luck in future hunts.
 
Good for you!
You found a treasure trove at that site.
Sounds like a village site to me.
 
Wow! That is awesome...I think I'd call in sick and be back the next day...That San Patrice point is sure pretty.
 
I hope your sifting.
 
OK.. sifting..as in..screening.
Or is that.. screaming?
Anyway ..good luck
 
Yeah that's a sure sign I'm past due for glasses, but then again i probably didn't see the sign so I've still got an excuse. Yes at this site I can sift many here have to much red clay and will not sift and ya can't get it off your boots and within ten steps you get 3" taller and gain 20 lbs with all of it stuck on the bottom of your boots.
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom