What's new

Great detail on Large Cent

gforce1972

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
381
Reaction score
750
Golden Thread
2
Location
York, PA
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Today's finds from the Seven Valleys, PA area. The property is near the rail trail. I think the flattened large copper is a train flattened large cent. Note the stars visible in the upper part of the coin. The N. C. R on the bottom of the copper tag may signify Northern Central Railway.

Gary

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674633.606231.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674651.653637.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674665.503182.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674680.886545.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674698.485914.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674723.518777.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674739.474062.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674755.670067.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441674769.886970.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
I wish LC's all came out that way
 
That's a beauty!
 
Wow , what a nice looking LC
 
Beautiful LC, tell us about the jewelry?
 
Your largie has come out in much better shape than 80% of mine.Yery clear obverse and reverse on yours.
 
Beautiful LC, tell us about the jewelry?

At this point I'm not sure what the bracelet is made of. I don't believe it's silver. It was about three inches deep.

Gary
 
Killer large cent!
 
Beautiful LC
They should all come out of the ground looking like that.
 
Awesome site. Cool large cents!!!!:thumbsup:
 
That is one excellent looking Large Cent.
 
Doesn't really get any better than that. Nice digs.
 
That is a real nice one, I dug a few 1848s last year in the same shape, I wonder if that time frame was made better?
 
Very nice finds.


I found a really cool brass baggage tag from the Missouri-Kansas and Texas Railway, just a stone's throw from the NCR tracks, in Baltimore County.

Howdy Neighbor.
 
What a beautiful largie,congrats!
 
Excellent condition on the LC. The braided hair variety seems to hold up well in ground conditions.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom