What's new

Great find today! 1914-D Key Date Wheat Penny

filo

Jr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
I hit up one of my favorite well hunted parks for a short hunt this morning and got this beauty off a very iffy signal. It was in the hole with a nail of course. The first one of these I've found and I'm very happy with it. Thoughts on grade or value?


edit: Also attached a photo of the coin after a little bit of cleaning with hydrogen peroxide.


Thanks for reading and HH!
 

Attachments

  • 1914D.webp
    1914D.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 336
  • 1914d-2.webp
    1914d-2.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Upvote 4
Congrats on your great find! By the book, with the hair and wheat stalk detail, VF at least, but of course a dealer or certification company would lower that due to the corrosion and so on. Regardless, fantastic find!

Jeff
 
Not bad for having been buried for decades. Congratulations.
 
Nice find...
 
Nice Find... Congrats
 
Cool, congrats.............HH
 
oh ya! ive been wanting to find one of those. nice. willy
 
Very nice find...1914-d wheat cents are not found that often,
especially in good condition like yours. Congratulations....
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
In the coin collecting world, "good condition", isn't, and yours is much better than 'good". From what I can see in the photo, it would probably grade XF details with environmental damage. Those are hard to put a price on.
 
Excellent find!
 
sweet. always wanted one. I think yours is the second dug specimen posted on the forum this year
 
sweet. always wanted one. I think yours is the second dug specimen posted on the forum this year

Thanks! Do you happen to have a link to the other thread where it was found? I'd like to look.

Also, here's another photo after a light hydrogen peroxide cleaning. Condition is pretty good!
 

Attachments

  • 1914d-2.webp
    1914d-2.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 267
Heck of a find. Found tons of 1914 wheats but none with a D. Awesome
 
Wow! awesome find,just looked it up in my 2012 red book and in only good condition is worth over $200.00 ..Congrats you you!!!:headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom