Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally meet hikinmtns today when he drove down for a hunt. He did all the ground work and research for the area and we had a blast. We hiked a mile or so till we found a site that to me just looked like an old trail but he knew that it looked like a good coin site. We hunted half the day and left with 31 coins ranging from 1670s through WW2. It was an awesome day and my first hunt of the year. It is always great to put a face to a name when you meet some one off Tnet. We had a blast and I was very impressed with his keen ability to sniff out an old coin site when I would have just walked right by . This was a fun day! Can't wait till next time! :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• crabs 011.JPG
    crabs 011.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 527
  • crabs 014.JPG
    crabs 014.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 523
  • crabs 010.JPG
    crabs 010.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 522
  • crabs 009.JPG
    crabs 009.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0
Way to go!

Could you show us some landscape shots? I promise I won't steal your spot.

I hope you guys get to go again soon.

HH

-Fathead

Next time we go out I will take lots of picks. Saw some awesome views today.

Great, thanks in advance.

What is the pipe-ish looking item in the top picture? Do you guys have to worry about live ordinance where you are?

The total of my knowledge of Korea comes from watching M*A*S*H which I'm sure was filmed in the California foothills.

-FH

That was the container that we had the coins in. Not too much action this far south. Most of the fighting was up north but there is still a possibility . I would like to dig some relics from the war but at the same time I remember digging a few UXOs in Germany and my heart stopped everytime.

I'm guessing that you are in the Air Force or some branch of the service.

I want to thank you for all that you do to help keep this country (and a lot of others) safe.

Don't forget the pics next time out.

-FH

FH ,thanks much. :icon_thumright:

Birdman, I really enjoyed the day spent with you.....and I hope you did, even though I took the LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way to the coin site. (Anyone interested in that story, ask him. But, remember, HE WAS MY NAVIGATOR!!! :help:
Already planning another hunt with him before he takes a midtour in the States.
FH....look at my posts......going to have to go back to last summer. I've got some pics of one of the places that I hunted, and some of my finds.
B.M.......see you next week. :thumbsup:

Awesome hunt and even better that you hooked up with Hikenmtns! HH, Mike

Hikeinmtns my navagation skill are not to hot. Can't read the Korean maps, they are always upside down. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back