CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't posted here in a while but thought this haul might be worth a thread.
Friday evening I pulled this fistful of change from the reject slot of my favorite local Coinstar machine.

20231027_170757.jpg

Even though it is dark in the lobby of the store, I could tell by the tone of the pennies while they were still in the slot that there were a lot of older copper cents in the mix. This meant to me that, most likely, a lot of these coins were from an older cache of coins that had spent a fair amount of time out of circulation. (I was right... only 11 of the 26 cents were zincolns.)

I went out to the car and tossed them on the passenger seat to sort through the obvious foreigns and get a closer look at the steelie. Even a smashed penny was in the mix.

20231027_171711.jpg

Here are the foreign coins, excluding the 1936 5 centavos. (I must not have found it in the pile yet.)

20231027_171520.jpg

I think it is a pretty neat design... nothing I have ever come across in a Coinstar or metal detecting. Unfortunately, just copper-nickel, though.

20231027_172004.jpg

Anyway... enjoyed the group for its variety and was excited to get it home and put a couple of these coins away. It wasn't till I got home with better lighting that I realized that the haul DID include a 1964 rosie... so, silver after all!

20231027_173632.jpg

You can see the D mint mark on the rosie's reverse in the group passenger seat pic if you zoom in enough.
Happy hunting and good luck!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that’s a nice bunch of “rejects”. Agree that five centavo piece is a neat design.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread